• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Puppy! Luna!! <3

PixieRabbit

Mama Doe
Next Tuesday I go to collect the one fluffy I've wanted and searched for for nearly three years now. A puppy. But not just any puppy. I specifically wanted a German Shepard (mom's side of family always had these) and it had to NOT be KC registered.
And next Tuesday I got to collect Luna, :love:
74308_159580000748208_100000886285130_279374_4256292_n.jpg

aww very cute! I hope you know what you're letting yourself in for :lol: Mine is 8 months old now and going through the "teenage" phase :roll:

aww very cute! I hope you know what you're letting yourself in for :lol: Mine is 8 months old now and going through the "teenage" phase :roll:

Yeah, my uncle's always had them, and my mom adopted a girl from a friend a few year back. But she had to go back to her owners as my little brother became allergic :cry:

I prefer big, hyperactive dogs, and can't wait to take her for walks and loose some weight ;)

so if you didn't want one KC registered I take it she is from a rescue as so many GSD end up in them

I wish, she's an accidental litter. I've been ringing around rescue's all year for a GS puppy. I can't get a mature one for risk of the other pets. I need to get one as young as possible to train. I hope to get her a companion from a rescue in a few years time, a retired police dog preferably.

Oh my she is gorgeous!!:love::love::love::love::love::love: We need lots more pics when shes home!!:love::love:

Deffo :D

I also need advice introducing a puppy to rabbits? Dawn and Spencer are indoor buns you see. They have their own bedroom in the new house, I was debating locking the door so when she's bigger she can't open it? :?

We have 3 GSD's (and a rottie) they are lovely dogs and all get on well with the bunnies. I need to see photo's when you get her home.

Because of the health problems and the cost of insurance! And I hate the kennel club :lol:

How does KC or not have any effect upon insurance? Or is she a crossbreed?

Did you obtain the pup from hip scored parents who were also tested clear for Haemophilia 'A'?

How old is she it is recommended that pups do not leave their mum and litter mates until at least eight weeks old.

Last edited:

Did you obtain the pup from hip scored parents who were also tested clear for Haemophilia 'A'?

How old is she it is recommended that pups do not leave their mum and litter mates until at least eight weeks old.

Kennel club registration is not worth the paper it is written on.It does not get you a healthy dog( I am proof of that) it only allows you to show the dog.The insurance is the same (again I am proof).I too hope you have got the hip scores. do not accept the pup until it is at least 8-9 weeks.

Because of the health problems and the cost of insurance! And I hate the kennel club :lol:

Kc reg dogs will have health tests done which pet breeders dont do,hope the parents have been hip scored?:? Weather a dog is kc reg or not makes no difference to insurance,Most rescures have gsd pups in you may have just had to wait

I don't know too much. I don't mind if she has hip problems, but she was an accidental litter. It's not her fault for being born or her parents. She'll be 9 weeks when I pick her up. The woman said she'd have kept them longer, but her 18 month old son is allergic to the dog hair.

Back