• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can my rabbits have girlfriends... HELP!!

Hotrod_2008

Alpha Buck
Hey everyone :wave: i need help..... PLEASE

My two male, neutered rabbits have been singles for 5 years never been paired as i wasn't aloud to get more as i already has 4 one pair and two singles.

I am now moving out into a house with my boyfriend and we really want to let boss n justin have a girlfriend each. They did meet butterfly (Panda's old girlfriend :( ) and they were fine, boss was abit more cheecky.

Help needed please. I have finally got the lady from the so-cal rabbit rescue (from one of my other posts) to let me take 2 female rabbits.

So can anyone help please... Yes or No??

Hey everyone :wave: i need help..... PLEASE

My two male, neutered rabbits have been singles for 5 years never been paired as i wasn't aloud to get more as i already has 4 one pair and two singles.

I am now moving out into a house with my boyfriend and we really want to let boss n justin have a girlfriend each. They did meet butterfly (Panda's old girlfriend :( ) and they were fine, boss was abit more cheecky.

Help needed please. I have finally got the lady from the so-cal rabbit rescue (from one of my other posts) to let me take 2 female rabbits.

So can anyone help please... Yes or No??

Help you bond them or with advice as to whether or not it is a good idea?
Provided both are definitely neutered then there is no reason that they can not be bonded with a spayed girlie bun friend each provided bonding rules are adhered to... most importantly neutral territory for the bonding. :wave:

ETA Not such an easy bond but you could even attempt to bond the two neutered males you already have. However male:female pairs tend to be better for longevity. Or you could have a foursome - your two males and two spayed girls altogether if you are feeling brave :)

Help you bond them or with advice as to whether or not it is a good idea?
Provided both are definitely neutered then there is no reason that they can not be bonded with a spayed girlie bun friend each provided bonding rules are adhered to... most importantly neutral territory for the bonding. :wave:

ETA Not such an easy bond but you could even attempt to bond the two neutered males you already have. However male:female pairs tend to be better for longevity. Or you could have a foursome - your two males and two spayed girls altogether if you are feeling brave :)

Hey, Just advice really, i have bonded rabbits before but at a yonger age. I tried these to together when they were young but didnt work :( at all. Justin runs around with panda and boss can't mix at all with males. I hope they will bond as i think it will be nice for them but also for the two females as they are stuck in a tiny tiny hutch in a garage in there own mess :( I will take them on if they dont get on i will try and find them a home BUT not any horriblehome as they are there now :( I will try my hardest to bond them.

I would be inclined to bond the two you have. If you look for advice on bonding, things like completely neutral territory, which you'll have in a new house. ;)

Back