• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run flooring - mud mud mud!

boyce buttons

Young Bun
Hi
Our bunnies live in the shed with an attached run, it has a roof on but i think the rain still gets in through the sides.
We re-turfed in the spring, which lasted all of 5 days:D
Since then there has been endless digging, down to the mesh underneath which is cool because they are doing natural bunny digging :)
However :lol: it has now turned into pure mud, with big holes and dips where they dig. I put some paving slabs in but they don't sit on them and try to dig under them.
Does anyone else have the same problem or any ideas what alternatives to try? I want to keep some earth as they love to dig:love:

Im just worried that when they try to dig under the slabs they will get hurt - one of my bunnies isn't that bright:lol::love::love::love:

Lol! I used those really heavy "council" paving slabs, not quite sure how I managed them on my own tbh lol! They work well and sty level even if dug under :) Or you could make the run out of bounds for a day or two and concrete an area? Or am I just making it all such hard work for you lol!

:D no not too much work - my OH just says i want it all, and this forum makes me want it all!! :lol:
Gonna try the paving slabs in one half and put some tarp down the sides to stop any wayward rain getting in!

my bunny's runs are all paved and i have got big litter trays in that has soil and grass. my bunnies love them. in the summer and spring they have a plastic box full of soil. it works for me cos the have two sections, one is lower than the other one. hope this makes sense

We had our old run lined with hay which worked really well, the new one is lined with bark chippings which work equally as well but don't get all over the garden. :D

Back