• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VETS in the lothian's

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
anyone used these vets??

http://www.gordonvets.co.uk/index.php

Stes mom didnt want to use a vets so far away (the vets school) so asked me to find her one closer to do her little boys bits...and obviously the girls in the future.

i like the look of them for the simple fact they do their own lab work and cover emergency treatment themselves too.

please tell me i havent made a HUGE mistake and little man will be ok.. i told the lady he was half wild and it didnt seem to make any difference.

there was a cheaper place in dalkeith but i like the look of these for my pair instead of carting them off on a 30min journey each time they need to be seen.

Hiya :wave:
I can't help with recommendations (I only know a few vets in Fife and the vet school in Edinburgh), but looking at the websites I get a better feeling with the market cross one. They both look quite similar but the market cross one has the RCVS accredited practice logo. It is hard to tell just from the websites though. It might be a good idea to book a consultation with one of them first and see how they handle the rabbits and what sort of advice they give :)

cheers hun, i used the RCVS website and only phoned the ones who are accredited. both are according to that, is the list out of date do you think???

I used Gordon vets when I lived in East Lothian. All of the vet's are good with buns EXCEPT Mrs Gordon - she is useless!

thankyou, this will be kept in mind. do they have overnight staff?

for my pair the vets in brum really let me down by not having an overnight hospital :(

To be honest I wouldn't pay a blind bit of attention to the RCVS small animal accreditation :oops: It does give some reassurance about general standards of hygiene, providing estimates etc, but I don't think it really bears any relation to how savvy they are with bunnies. After all, 'small animals' are pretty much just cats and dogs according to most veterinary training :?

I would just go with your own line of questioning and instinct. Good luck x

thankyou, this will be kept in mind. do they have overnight staff?

for my pair the vets in brum really let me down by not having an overnight hospital :(

Yes, they have a nurse there at night and a vet. I played dumb when I first went to see them, asked loads of questions about pain relief, starving bunnies before ops and other stuff I had learnt from here. They answered every question right :)

Yes, they have a nurse there at night and a vet. I played dumb when I first went to see them, asked loads of questions about pain relief, starving bunnies before ops and other stuff I had learnt from here. They answered every question right :)

ooooh thats great.... my gut said them but because i booked the app i started to doubt myself.. its extra important because i want to find a good vets too for my precious angels... after the journey to edinburgh every day im not confident we could get there within 30mins like google says and if its rush hour no chance and especially when im in a panic with Alvin trying to die..

musselburgh we drive thro most days and its close enough for my nerves lol

oh plus i dont want to be responsible for picking the vets who kill stes moms bunny :oops:

In that case just ignore me then :lol: I just checked the website for my vet practice and they don't have the logo either even though they are an accredited vet hospital.

I agree with Santa, trust your gut feeling :)

In that case just ignore me then :lol: I just checked the website for my vet practice and they don't have the logo either even though they are an accredited vet hospital.

I agree with Santa, trust your gut feeling :)

:lol: well youll all know on the 8th if i like them or not, so excited (ish) little man should be with his family in time for it getting really cold.

their little winter coats are coming on amazing too :love:

Stes step dad has taken over the main feeder roll... i do believe we have a bunny convert and Stes sis is amazing how she can pick them up, they love her.. WOW

hide from me tho :(

Hope he gets on ok, it will be nice for him to be reunited with them :)

I'm sure they will warm to you the more they get to know you, my wildie cross bolts off into her hidey hole as soon as she sees someone she doesn't know too well. She will come up to me and let me handle her but only because I spend time with her and give her food when she approaches.

Back