• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is it

Grace65

Warren Veteran
That since charlie has been in hospital he has started humping grace again?
he has humped her little face twice today already. xx

I don't know I'm afraid, but perhaps you might get a more expert reply if you put a thread in 'bonding and behaviour.' My guess would be that possibly even the short separation has slightly upset the dynamic of the bond and Charlie is feeling the need to be dominant. Hopefully he will settle soon. :wave:

I don't know I'm afraid, but perhaps you might get a more expert reply if you put a thread in 'bonding and behaviour.' My guess would be that possibly even the short separation has slightly upset the dynamic of the bond and Charlie is feeling the need to be dominant. Hopefully he will settle soon. :wave:

Oh yes im certain its the seperation that caused it i just wondered why :D xx

Wish they could talk sometimes! I've just spent about an hour trying to catch Spenser and am wondering why he still seems to see me as a threat. :( Charlie might have had strange smells after his stay at the vet - rabbit noses are more sensitive than human hooters, aren't they?

I suppose they are yes, mine have been snuggling and grooming since charlie came home and yet today he keeps humping her face.
Is spencer ok? xx

At a guess - this :)

ill be he is only doing it when you are in the room and its to show you and her she belongs to him.

Alvin is a terror for this, he humped poor Pearl solid for a month when they came home from boarding and when he gets a new wife bun, the second i enter the room he latches on to the poor sod :lol:

Really???
She always seems to be the bossy one, she pinches his food etc. xx

yeah the one who puts the head down is demanding groomed, the submissive one gives in...i think this is why Alvin and Holly both treat me badly.. im the submissive one, they NEVER lick me :'( (holly did once)

yeah the one who puts the head down is demanding groomed, the submissive one gives in...i think this is why Alvin and Holly both treat me badly.. im the submissive one, they NEVER lick me :'( (holly did once)

Gracie used to groom me all the time until she had charlie that is :shock: xx

Back