• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do you spend with your buns per day on average? Curious.

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I can't find a similar thread after searching, but i know vBulletin's search feature isn't exactly great, so...

How long do you spend WITH your buns during any one day, lets say, a weekday (weekends tends to be different i'd assume)?

I would guess during the average day, i spend perhaps, 4-6 hours as most of the evening they are free-ranging with us in the room.

What about you?

During the week, all day, as I am lucky enough to work from home. I take it in turns to let each pair free-range on the patio (right outside my lounge) and have the door open so they hop in and out. Means I can supervise them at all times (lounge is glass fronted and patio is only small and gated off from the rest of the garden), but as the door is open its a bit cold for me!:lol:

Because Ted and Rosie are in a hutch and generally the weather is poo I spend about 45 mins with them. That includes their sweep up, feeding, then a little stroke and cuddle before watching them for a while.

Grace and Elliot - well I spend about 1 hour with them. That includes their duties then I will sit in my chair in the shed and read a bit and generally just watch them. Each time I am trying to get Grace to be more friendly but she won't have any stroking unless theirs food! :roll: Luckily Big el is the most dopey friendly thing ever :love:

Yes so I spend a lot of time with them. On weekends and holidays its another story. Looking at that, i officially need a life :lol: I can't wait till i bond them all together, it means more time to spend with them all!

All day every day unless i'm going somewhere but if i am i never leave them for more than 3 hours. xx

Mine live outside, so in summer I spend a lot more time with them.. I think it's about an hour a day now, time I really spend with them. And I take Pip out everyday to feed her etc, so that's about two/three hours with her.

Weekdays... not nearly long enough, especially as the nights are drawing in. Probably only a couple of hours max(my mum spends time with them during the day).

Weekends or days off it's more like 4+. I'll sit and read with them, chat to them like a loon etc.

I'd like it to be more. Work just gets in the way :lol:

Probably about 4 hours at night through the week, but longer on my days off and weekends.

Some days i only see them for feeding times, but Chris is in the room alot on the PC and my gran goes to see them at lunch time, and the best bit....they always have each other :)

10 mins per pair of bunnies per day during winter and dark nights. That's why I keep bunnies as pairs.

I hate it and miss them but I have to go to work! They have loads of space and rabbit company so I know they are contented. :):)

On an average day from 7.30am to 6.00pm whilst they take it in turns to free range in the garden, plus another hour or so for feeding time and locking up.

I have 3 days where I'm working so they only get from 4pm to 6pm on those days.

I spend lots of time at home because of the buns.
I don't go out during "rabbit hours" unless its raining and they wouldn't be out in the garden anyway.

The outside ones, very minimal time. They all prefer their friends to me. They get their checks and such and I make sure they are ok, but I don't spend quality time as such.

The insiders are obviously different, and its different depending on the bunnies.

About two hours a day, me and them time. Morning get up about 20/30 mins. Pop in at lunchtime - 10 mins. When I get home from work - 10 mins. Teatime 15/20 mins. Bedtime 30 mins and clean out days ( every two/three days) an extra hour. Most nights I'm popping in and out several times as well. My buns are in a room attached to the garage.:wave:

Probably about 45 mins ish, during which I clean out litter trays, sweep out the hutch and top up hay etc. Mine much prefer each other and eating te grass to spending time with me though. If they wanted more from me, I would spend more time with them.

Xxx

Not long enough. I work full time and have planning to do in the evenigs. Bungle lives in the house so is with us for about 5 horus every night. Strawberry and Snowdrop are outside so I usually spend about an hour with them.

On holidays and weekends I spend every waking hour with my buns, unless I have to go out.

Uni days whenever I'm not at uni is spent with my babies :love:

About 45 mins in the morning giving them brekkie, straightening up their hutch and run area, giving them a stroke etc etc. In the evening I used to do the same but because it's so dark i'm just giving them food, changing their water, topping up their hay and battoning down the hatches for the night. They are bonded together and really enjoy eachothers company so I don't feel so guilty. Lorenzo loves to have nose rubs and will sit there for 10 mins but Daisy will only sit still for about 20 seconds before hopping off elsewhere! I am so glad they are bonded, I felt so guilty when they were separate.

All day and everyday with my indoor bun, except two afternoons when I work. He sleeps during the afternoon, though, and I get my housework etc done then.:)

Back