• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I being fair to Snowdrop?

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Snowdrop is very happy with her living arrangment. Her run is attached to Strawberrys so they can interact through the mesh and she has become very comfortable living next to him.

However she still HATEs Bungle. If I let him on the garden she throws herself at the mesh trying to get through to him and runs in and out of her catflap constantly.

Strawbs doesn't like him much either but is no where near as aggressive as Snowdrop.

Can allowing her to get so wound up be damaging? I don't let him out often as I dont like seeing her so angry but he loves the exercise. I try covering Snowdrop up but it made it worse as she can sense he is there but can't see where he has gone.

Do you have a locking door on her playhouse - ie could you shut her in when bungle is outside?

I can lock the cat flap closed but she goes mental trying to get out!

I wanted to be able to lock her up at night but she gets so stressed not being able to do what she wants to do that I gave up on the idea!

She is an absolute madam! She throws herself at things if she feels enclosed and trashes her wendy house every night.

:shock::shock: I thought Madame Bobby was bad :shock:

i replied to your other thread BTW.. can you bring Snow into the house whilst Bungle Bum is out?? I know you had trouble with her pooping on nice clean carpets though:?

How does she seem after getting wound up? does she settle right down? Or does it take it's toll on her?

:shock::shock: I thought Madame Bobby was bad :shock:

i replied to your other thread BTW.. can you bring Snow into the house whilst Bungle Bum is out?? I know you had trouble with her pooping on nice clean carpets though:?

How does she seem after getting wound up? does she settle right down? Or does it take it's toll on her?

She is flopped out upside down in her run at the min so don't think it has a lasting effect. She does have one eye open though just incase he comes back out!

She is flopped out upside down in her run at the min so don't think it has a lasting effect. She does have one eye open though just incase he comes back out!

I would be tempted to say that she is fine, she is just a feisty little madame. If she was all shakey and hunched up looking scared then I would say yes it's a bit much. But she sounds like she is just acting up a bit, but as I said I am not an expert. Have you asked Jill?

I would be tempted to say that she is fine, she is just a feisty little madame. If she was all shakey and hunched up looking scared then I would say yes it's a bit much. But she sounds like she is just acting up a bit, but as I said I am not an expert. Have you asked Jill?

She is certainly not scared! I will link a video once its uploaded showing her "im a grumpy cow" face!

What about getting some kind of barrier and putting it around her run- a little distance away so he can't go up against her run.

What about getting some kind of barrier and putting it around her run- a little distance away so he can't go up against her run.

This is what I was going to suggest. Like a puppy pen or something that could go out and be moved away and would just allow some distance.

Back