• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could Basil have some vibes please, he's been neutered.

basirascal

Mama Doe
:(.....because I moved an Aloe Vera plant (Toxic:shock:) from the greenhouse onto the conservatory table and Basil jumped up there before I noticed him and managed to eat 1 large section::shock:. OMG I was in such a panic, but rang our vet straight away. They told me to get him to them immediately and they immediately rang the poisons centre. By the time I reached the vet (less than 30 minutes) they had all the answers, thank goodness and injected Basil immediately with Zantac to move things quickly through the gut, he has also been prescribed Fibreplex to help line and also move things through his gut. The vet said he should be ok because we got him in to them straightaway, but got to keep an eye on him because he'll probably have a tummy ache at the very least:cry: I feel so guilty and such a bad bunny mummy. I am normally so careful especially since he has already had EC and he's not yet 6 months old. Don't know how I could have been so silly.......:cry: please could you spare Basil a few vibes for a speedy recovery and not too much of a tummy ache, thank you.

Last edited:
Please, please don't blame yourself. I don't think I could cope if my bun didn't stay at ground level! They're into everything! :roll:
You've done all the right things & been reassured by your vet.

Loads & loads of vibes comming your way for an uneventful full recovery.
Please keep us updated.

Don't beat yourself up, mistakes happen and you've done everything you can to help Basil!
Sending lots of vibes from me and the buns.
xxx

Don't blame yourself ... these things happen all too easily to even the best of bunny mummies. Hope Basil is OK, and sending vibes of course! :wave:

You poor thing, please don't beat yourself up to much, you can't have eyes everywhere, and you reacted so well and quickly, many vibes for Basil

Awww hope Basil gets better soon and doesn't have too much of a poorly tum!

These things happen, please don't beat yourself up about it, they're into everything and it just takes a second for them to be into the wrong things! x

Tell Basil to get better soon. It isn't your fault though, some bunnies will eat anything.:)

I send loads of vibes:love:

Aww hope he gets better soon. These things happen don't feel bad you could hardly have predicted it xx

Thanks so much everyone from Basil and me for the vibes:). RU vibes are wonderful, he seems ok, maybe a bit quiet, not bouncing around as much as he normally does, perhaps because of the injection and meds, but he's still eating ok and everything seems to be moving through. He had the biggest cuddle with me earlier this evening, he likes his cuddles, but this one was much longer than usual. I won't be making that mistake again though, no houseplants anywhere near Basil. I burst into tears a few hours after it had happened, reaction I suppose and guilt. Anyway, I am keep everything crossed that he will recover without any serious damage done. Thanks again everyone. You are all great:). I will be so glad when today is over, I'm having the worst day in more ways than one, but that's another story.

Last edited:
Spenser sends a cuddle. :wave: He is NOT a cuddle bunny. so that is a great honour.

Keeping up the vibes that all remains well with your special boy. :love: Spenser had a nibble of one of my parents' conservatory plants today, but only a very tiny bit before I chased him. They are so lightening quick with their mischief. :shock::roll:

I'm so pleased that the little rascal Basil is making a good recovery.:D
These buns are just like toddlers - they know how to choose the worst moments.:roll:
I'm aware of your recent threads. Big hugs.

Back