• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I?

abi2047

Mama Doe
If I got another rabbit would I be able to let it free range in the garden with Riley (supervised) even if they don't live in the same hutch?

No absolutely not IMO. The bunnies would be very stressed out at that prospect and it will only end badly - eg fighting I think. Bunnies are very territorial of their space so if Riley has scent marked everything and a new bun comes along he won't be very happy sharing it. It would probably be best (if you were looking at another bun :D) to join their hutches together, bond them and let them live together forever where they can free range together :D:wave:

No absolutely not IMO. The bunnies would be very stressed out at that prospect and it will only end badly - eg fighting I think. Bunnies are very territorial of their space so if Riley has scent marked everything and a new bun comes along he won't be very happy sharing it. It would probably be best (if you were looking at another bun :D) to join their hutches together, bond them and let them live together forever where they can free range together :D:wave:

^^ This :)

I agree. If they are both neutered, you could resuce a female bunny from a rescue they might be able to bond them for you, then they can live together:D

We have a lot of bunnies looking for homes at the RSPCA and also Thumpers Rabbit Rescue will have some too, as well other rescues further away such as Starlights or honeybunny's.

Last edited:
Would it be easier just to save up for a shed and then start from there?

yes or a large hutch run combination, but a shed offer s most room with attatched run, i would firstly ensure riley is neutered then take him speed dating at a local rescue they can help you do the bonding (reduce yours and rileys stress)

Back