• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Storage-neat and tidy or a health and safety nightmare :)

Prompted by another thread it's dawned on me just how much bunny stuff I have. Our garage has floor to ceiling racking which I have half of and still 80 percent of floor space is taken up with bunny stuff! I have 3 bales of different substrate-wood shavings, megasorb and cardboard squares. Then 2 types of straw-one big bale-several smaller ones. Dustbin of bunny food. Dustbin of guineapig food, bags of cat litter, storage box of spare bowls and bottles, 3 indoor cages, puppy crate, 3 carry cases, storage box of random items like clippers, brushes, harnesses, scourers, cage fresh, fly papers, a box of summer stuff like fans and freezer blocks, a first aid storage box, 2 large shoppers full of blankets and vet bed, spare litter trays, box of 100 puppy pads. the list goes on! I didn't realise a have quite so much! So what do you stock and how do you store it? Are you falling over your bales of hay or are you organised?

Well firstly I don't have THAT much stuff. :lol:

My lops food, hay, treats are on their dog crate, my lionheads in their ottoman. Then I have about three of those foldable crates under my bed with towels, duvets and brushes, medicines and stuff. A plastic cupboard outside with some things in (which I really need to go through and chuck some stuff away!) and then megazorb and hay and clean and full boxes in the garage.

I have a lot but not as much as you!! With over stocking I'd worry about mould etc particularly with a couple of bales, I wait until I'm getting down and the re stock, I have a large bale hay but then get smaller pkts for variety...which get used fairly quickly due to litter trays, I have just go my bale today (while the weather was good to sort it out) ready for over winter..I have their food 2.5kg bag and box with treats/snugglesafe in the cupboard indoors.

WOW, that is a lot of stuff. I have a little table with their pellets, bag of hay, box of straw and then bits and bobs like scales, brushes, treats, toys etc. Not much really, compared to you anyway :shock::lol:

I don't seem to have that much stuff. I have 2 bales of hay in wheelie bins in the garage, food in a storage bin and there's a couple of bags of straw behind the hay to use in the winter. Then I've got a box in my room with baby food, critical care, brushes, nail clippers and syringes in it.

I really do have a problem :) I think it's time I had a sort out! Did I forget to mention the bag of cleaning stuff in the bathroom-virkon, scrubbing brushes, kitchen roll, stain and odour remover-two types, bottle brush, bin bags, essential oils, more scourers, then the treats, fibre plex and protexin, daily feed tubs in the buns room, the outside bag-lantern, gloves, more kitchen roll, batteries and snuggle safes. Then there's the long handled dust pans in every room, and a landing full of spare toys and tunnels for free range time. Oh forgot the two x pens in the garage too. I think I will leave off the cats room contents! I'm quite shocked at my hoard, thinking of the hundreds of pounds I must have spent! Can you tell I like to be prepared! I assumed every one must have loads of stuff- I thought I was normal!:oops::shock:

I really do have a problem :) I think it's time I had a sort out! Did I forget to mention the bag of cleaning stuff in the bathroom-virkon, scrubbing brushes, kitchen roll, stain and odour remover-two types, bottle brush, bin bags, essential oils, more scourers, then the treats, fibre plex and protexin, daily feed tubs in the buns room, the outside bag-lantern, gloves, more kitchen roll, batteries and snuggle safes. Then there's the long handled dust pans in every room, and a landing full of spare toys and tunnels for free range time. Oh forgot the two x pens in the garage too. I think I will leave off the cats room contents! I'm quite shocked at my hoard, thinking of the hundreds of pounds I must have spent! Can you tell I like to be prepared! I assumed every one must have loads of stuff- I thought I was normal!:oops::shock:

*cough* Well you have just reminded me of the small hutch in the garage (for their shed) and the two pens downstairs. :oops: Oh and the two indoor cages in the shed.

You see, I think we're so used to being surrounded by this stuff we don't even realise it's there anymore. It literally becomes part of the furniture! The more you think the more you realise you've got. I have bits and pieces in every room. Even the kitchen has boxes of bunny peppermint and chamomile tea bags in the cupboard. And the blender used for making their syringe feed, washing up brushes for bunny bowls! And their herbs on the window ledge! and oh I just remembered the side alley with the replacement play house doors I got off ebay, this weekends project! And the spare rolls of silver insulation and left over lino-in the garage. And the bag of bunny blanket laundry in the bathroom. Help they're taking over!

I have loads of stuff-not just bunny stuff though. I try to mainly keep it all in my closet (little stuff goes in those 4ft high organizer storage drawer things) and in the bathroom cabinets. But there's also several large food buckets, loads of grids for C&C cages, I must have 100. And lots of small/medium/large cages that are kept in the attic just in case an animal is sick/injured and needs to be kept alone. 3 baby gates, 3 dog crates, bins, a hutch, and then toys that are scattered everywhere. I keep it all organized and I kinda like it. It's always fun looking through things and realizing you've forgotten about some of it.

You see, I think we're so used to being surrounded by this stuff we don't even realise it's there anymore. It literally becomes part of the furniture!

Yep, that sounds about right! I have a box which was used to block off access to under the sofa, it's now a permanent fixture and often used as a seat for watching the telly, despite having a perfectly good sofa there :roll::lol:

I don't have that much rabbit stuff, just three boxes and a bag of hay. But all my other stuff takes up a small mountain of room, luckily we have a cupboard in the basement (we live in a flat) or we'd be buried under the stuff! :shock::oops::lol:

I have a playhouse half full of stuff. There is a large indoor crate and puppy pen in there together with boxes of hay and megazorb and some toys and spare litter trays. I must tidy it up.

Back