• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny sitter, Nottm

Suzanne

Mama Doe
I'm planning on going away over Christmas and the buns normal go to my parents house but they are away at the same time so we have been looking at boarding. Between us we have 4 pairs and then Alfie my housebun which is quite a lot to take to boarding so we are now thinking about a pet sitter to visit at my house and attend to all bunnies. Although not too sure what to do about Alfie bunny though.

Anyway my questions are: Anybody used pet sitters before? Anyone know anyone in Notts area?

Thanks Amy. There's a boarding place in West Bridgford. Have you heard of them? I might go and visit.

I've seen an advert for a boarding place in West Bridgford (not sure if it's the same one though). I wasn't impressed by their set-up on the photo. They had what appeared to be flimsy trellis type fencing between each pen, so not only could rabbits bite each other through the bars, but they could probably chew their way out pretty easily too!

Obv. they might have changed the housing by now, so I might be talking rubbish!

Depending what dates it is as I might be going away to I can come over and see to them. I owe you for having Snowdrop for me!

Depending what dates it is as I might be going away to I can come over and see to them. I owe you for having Snowdrop for me!

Thanks for the offer Rachel but I'm prob going to be away for two weeks so it wouldn't be fair to ask you to travel every day. :)

I'd love someone to come to our house but hubby is not keen in case anything goes missing etc and as we are tenants I'm not sure we'd be allowed to give anyone keys. I've just emailed my boarding place to tell them 9 buns and 2 piggies, is now 11 buns and 2 piggies, they are going to love me. :oops:

I'd love someone to come to our house but hubby is not keen in case anything goes missing etc and as we are tenants I'm not sure we'd be allowed to give anyone keys. I've just emailed my boarding place to tell them 9 buns and 2 piggies, is now 11 buns and 2 piggies, they are going to love me. :oops:

Yeah there is that problem but my buns (apart from Alfie) are in the shed so they wouldn't need to come inside.

Mine are outdoors too. If I had an outdoor tap it would be perfect as the pet sitter round here only charges about £50 a week regardless of how many pets. Mind you my current boarding place are fantastic, they give me a massive discount and they are very bunny savvy and members of the rwa so when I look at it like that its prob worth the extra money.

Back