• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunnies are bored,.....

hannah C

Alpha Buck
and they have loads of toys......they dont really use them though, anybody got any tips? i tried homemade treat balls out of loo roll, they went down well for five minutes.

Are they indoor or outdoor bunnies? :wave:

hiya!!!!!!

they live outdoors....they just sit around, get excited when the greenhouse door opens(treats!) and go back to sitting around.....they do like willow toys but they get destroyed in a day and are expencive to replace so often

I worry a lot about the boredom thing, with Spenser being a single bunny. He's not big on toys, but did get a lot of fun out of a chill and chew mat I got from The Hay Experts. He also now has a mutli-mat from Animal Magic Pet Supplies. These are woven out of bunny-friendly material, and are quite inexpensive.

A favourite for mine is anything they can hide in and chew. For example they love tunnels and cardboard boxes stuffed with hay and lots of entrance holes.

i often think that too, mine have lots of toys and hay in racks and treat balls and hay cakes but i still think they must be bored, even in the runs they just chill out :lol:

They may not be bored necessarily. Mine are outdoors and sometimes look to not be doing much. I do tend to find they're quite active on a night and early in the morning. If they have plenty of toys and hay to munch on they're probably fine in each others company and are probably more active when your not around to see.

Helen xx

Agree with the above, if you can find Hawthorne/apple/birch branches buns love them, good boredom breaker and good for their teeth, they strip all the bark off. :D
I have a hanging basket which hangs from above in their kennel area, that too is good as it moves about and they have to stretch for it rather than just eat it easily from tray etc, you can also dangle carrot etc to help boredom :D

mine love their "kong" i know its a dog toy but fill it with some veggies or fruit and it becomes a great game trying to pull out the veggies :lol: mine are always throwing it about to find out what will come out :lol:

thanks guys!

theres a massive weeping willow in our local park i may go and "borrow" some branches and attempt to make them something willowy for them, they have tunnels, boxes, loo rolls, treat balls, an old hutch to clamber about. maybe they just like snuggeling too much!

thanks guys!

theres a massive weeping willow in our local park i may go and "borrow" some branches and attempt to make them something willowy for them, they have tunnels, boxes, loo rolls, treat balls, an old hutch to clamber about. maybe they just like snuggeling too much!

Yeah - i was going to say you could make your own willow things - also if you collect a load now & make some balls & willow rings - then hang them up to dry & you'll have supplies for the winter months...maybe even stuff then with hay or leave some spave to be able to do that for later on!

Carboard boxes get mine all excited....hanging things too....
Its difficult I know..they do appear to be bored sometimes....but guess they just being bunnies! and are more active when we sleeping!
:lol::love:

Back