• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry and upset UD post 24

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I would like to state, for purposes unrelated to this forum, something you guys already know.

It is not ok to split up a pair of bonded rabbits unless it is in the best interests of those rabbits and that bond.

It is not ok for poential adopters to 'pick and choose' which rabbits they want and for those rabbits to be split for their happily bonded friend and rebonded with someone else just to get those ones into a home. Adopters should be encouraged to choose which pair they want, not which single rabbits to create a pair.

Its called a bond for a reason and I am very upset and angry at what I've been told today.

Oh, and this is in my opinion only.

(by the way, its a slightly modified upset vent from previously, but I couldn't not because its doing my head in)

Last edited:
I would like to state, for purposes unrelated to this forum, something you guys already know.

Why would it be related to you? why does 'everyone' presume that everything is about them?

And why does 'everyone' presume I'm such a ***** and feel the need to 'have a go' at people via a forum?

Last edited:
:cry: the reason I got so involved with Jas and Daphne is because they were a bonded pair who were separated

:( what happened to them? They together now by the looks of your sig?

A disgustingly bad pet shop took them as 'rescues', split them because they thought they were male/female, which would have opened a whole load of new problems. I got them and put them back together and bonded them with Harvey :)

What happened in the situation you're referring to? Or can you not say on here?

A disgustingly bad pet shop took them as 'rescues', split them because they thought they were male/female, which would have opened a whole load of new problems. I got them and put them back together and bonded them with Harvey :)

What happened in the situation you're referring to? Or can you not say on here?

They were very lucky you got to them.

Its something that a couple of friends have told me today. I just got so angry and wanted to cry. I'm totally incensed actually. The world has gone barmy. I'm not angry at them, they have done nothing wrong and have been able to right the situation but my GOD what they told me about what they were told just made me want to smash my head against everything.

These people should know better!

well that told me

I have no idea what you're talking about on this thread at all, however, if something is relevant to you then I would have hoped that you might have known me better to know that I don't make snide and sly statements and remarks about people in this manner. For those I can help, I have always tried to do that and always worked on what is best for any rabbits involved.

They were very lucky you got to them.

Its something that a couple of friends have told me today. I just got so angry and wanted to cry. I'm totally incensed actually. The world has gone barmy. I'm not angry at them, they have done nothing wrong and have been able to right the situation but my GOD what they told me about what they were told just made me want to smash my head against everything.

These people should know better!

:( poor things. Was a rescue actually going to split a bonded pair?

Guys :wave:

(MPHF) and (Sky-O) I know you both (sort of).... please don't argue.... you're friends really.... come on.... nose rubs all round! :love:

(P.s. sorry to gatecrash your thread Sky-O)....oops gotta go...Poppy has just run upstairs and taken refuge under the bed instead of going to her hutch:roll:

I remember someone at work telling me there friend had split up there rabbits of 6years happily bonded as she wanted a new one and rid of the boy :cry:
I don't understand how anyone could especially a rescue, seeing all mine snuggled up together so happily its hard to imageine even thinking of seperating them when there so happy.

I don't know the story, but have to say that I agree and under no circumstances whatsoever (with the exception of health or injury or behavioural issues) would I ever split a bonded pair.

I am also very anti bonding two rescue singles up to make a pair when there are so many pairs available. That probably sounds a bit mad, because it would be two buns rehomed, BUT, I think that pairs get a raw deal anyway so they should always be given the best chance of a new home with their bonded friend.

Hope you are okay Sky

I don't know the story, but have to say that I agree and under no circumstances whatsoever (with the exception of health or injury or behavioural issues) would I ever split a bonded pair.

I am also very anti bonding two rescue singles up to make a pair when there are so many pairs available. That probably sounds a bit mad, because it would be two buns rehomed, BUT, I think that pairs get a raw deal anyway so they should always be given the best chance of a new home with their bonded friend.

Hope you are okay Sky

Thank you.

Having heard what I heard today, I actually suggested they should just keep singles and stop bonding them which would completely change my view on everything.

ETA- just tried to PM you and your box is full.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Having heard what I heard today, I actually suggested they should just keep singles and stop bonding them which would completely change my view on everything.

ETA- just tried to PM you and your box is full.

Not any more....:oops:

Back