• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrr...

abi2047

Mama Doe
I really want to get Riley a shed because it would mean him having more space and it would also mean that I could fit inside it so I can give him cuddles when it is raining. The only thing is how expensive they are! Im only 14, I don't have a job and £5 pocket money a week isn't really going to get me anywhere. If I buy second hand then it would cost just as much as buying new once I have added hiring a van or hiring someone to pick it up! It all costs a bomb! I just want the best for Riley, although he has free range all early morning to late evening, I feel that his hutch/run combo is still too small, and it would also benefit me with the horrible weather coming up. :(

Maybe you could ask your folks to get you a shed as your xmas prezzie?

When I got my Puppy (many moons ago... he's an old man now!) I got fencing for my birthday to keep him in the garden!

No chance of him being a house bunny?? they can be really destructive though, I have two :shock:

I have alreadu had this chat with my mum on many occasions and she says no every time, especially as we have our auntie's dog to stay on a regular basis. I would have him in my bedroom but my sister would appreciate that. :(

Maybe you could ask your folks to get you a shed as your xmas prezzie?

When I got my Puppy (many moons ago... he's an old man now!) I got fencing for my birthday to keep him in the garden!

Mum has already said we are getting very little christmas money this year and my dad hasn't bothered to buy me presents or a card for over 2 years and I can't just ask him for money as I havn't seen him in over 3 years :(

I have alreadu had this chat with my mum on many occasions and she says no every time, especially as we have our auntie's dog to stay on a regular basis. I would have him in my bedroom but my sister would appreciate that. :(

hmmmm, I agree with what someone else says about checking out free cycle or asking parents to help put towards one for xmas

hmmmm, I agree with what someone else says about checking out free cycle or asking parents to help put towards one for xmas

My mum doesn't have alot of money for christmas presents this year so I don't think that idea would work :(
If I use freecycle then I would have to hire a van so I can pick the shed up :?

My mum doesn't have alot of money for christmas presents this year so I don't think that idea would work :(
If I use freecycle then I would have to hire a van so I can pick the shed up :?

You might just have to wait then. Bummer I know but maybe in the future. In the meantime, just work very hard to make sure the wee bunny has loads of extra straw and covers over the hutch for the winter so that only one of you freezes and it's not him!!! ;)

You might just have to wait then. Bummer I know but maybe in the future. In the meantime, just work very hard to make sure the wee bunny has loads of extra straw and covers over the hutch for the winter so that only one of you freezes and it's not him!!! ;)

I don't want to wait :( The future can be months even years ahead! He does have lots of straw and hay in the hutch and covers but I hardly get to spend time with him :(

I don't want to wait :( The future can be months even years ahead! He does have lots of straw and hay in the hutch and covers but I hardly get to spend time with him :(

Could you offer to work for it??? Odd jobs and cleaning etc for friends and family? Added to any Christmas money? Maybe if folks see how dedicated you are to getting the shed, they might be a little more ..... generous..... in their wadges?? Baby sitting? Hoovering? Ironing? Washing dishes??

Just a thought ...

I am 14 too and have managed to persuade my parents to help me build the buns an aviary and buy a shed.

What I did was plan it all out, find everything for the cheapest (but good quality) and put everything you need to buy into a spreadsheet and come up with a total. Tell them that you will pay as much as you can and ask nicely if they could help with the rest. I also drew out a scale drawing of what the shed and aviary would look like, its makes everything much more proffesional and your parents will realise its something you really want because you are spending that much time planning it:)
I got a 6x4 shed for £99, if you get £5 a week it won't take that long to save up:)
If your parents don't want to pay anything try to explain to them thats its not for you its for Riley and that he will really like it and it will make him very happy and that you just want to do whats best for him:)

Fingers crossed that Riley can have his shed soon:D
If you need any more help just pm me, I can show you the spreadsheet I did too help you as well:D
Hope I helped a bit:D

Edit - I also agree with everyone else, do little jobs and have a savings tin and so on:)

Last edited:
Could you offer to work for it??? Odd jobs and cleaning etc for friends and family? Added to any Christmas money? Maybe if folks see how dedicated you are to getting the shed, they might be a little more ..... generous..... in their wadges?? Baby sitting? Hoovering? Ironing? Washing dishes??

Just a thought ...

Good idea! And either get a savings account or a tin that you can't open to put the money in so that you're not tempted to spend it on anything else.

Have you got things you could sell?

Just a thought ...

This is a good idea but my mum doesn't have money to give out for the jobs. :(
Looks like the shed will have to be a future plan once I have saved up some money :(

This is a good idea but my mum doesn't have money to give out for the jobs. :(
Looks like the shed will have to be a future plan once I have saved up some money :(

Have you any other relatives or neighbours you could ask?

Would you be allowed to do a paper round?

If you really want one, and your mum or any relatives/friends etc asks you what you'd like for christmas, why not just ask for money towards a shed for your bunnies?
That way it's not just your mum having to pay for it, tho it does mean you may not get any pressies for yourself... but then, if this is what you would prefere???
If you dont get enough cash you can add as you go along......at least it wont take as long as saving all your £5's

You'll get one in the end xx

I am 14 too and have managed to persuade my parents to help me build the buns an aviary and buy a shed.

What I did was plan it all out, find everything for the cheapest (but good quality) and put everything you need to buy into a spreadsheet and come up with a total. Tell them that you will pay as much as you can and ask nicely if they could help with the rest. I also drew out a scale drawing of what the shed and aviary would look like, its makes everything much more proffesional and your parents will realise its something you really want because you are spending that much time planning it:)
I got a 6x4 shed for £99, if you get £5 a week it won't take that long to save up:)
If your parents don't want to pay anything try to explain to them thats its not for you its for Riley and that he will really like it and it will make him very happy and that you just want to do whats best for him:)

Fingers crossed that Riley can have his shed soon:D
If you need any more help just pm me, I can show you the spreadsheet I did too help you as well:D
Hope I helped a bit:D

Edit - I also agree with everyone else, do little jobs and have a savings tin and so on:)

This is a good idea too but mum doesn't have money to give out, she will help me build it all and may give me a bit extra money now and again :D
Would you be able to PM your spreadsheet and maybe some pics of the shed?

If you really want one, and your mum or any relatives/friends etc asks you what you'd like for christmas, why not just ask for money towards a shed for your bunnies?
That way it's not just your mum having to pay for it, tho it does mean you may not get any pressies for yourself... but then, if this is what you would prefere???
If you dont get enough cash you can add as you go along......at least it wont take as long as saving all your £5's

You'll get one in the end xx

YAY! This is a fab idea! I will also get a tin where I can put extra money I have left over from hay and food etc.

Back