• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Difficult Situation, RE: Bunny Sitting!

stubbymcmini

Young Bun
Hi there,

I have had my workmates two dear bunnies here with me for almost a fortnight, despite her having been back from her holiday for nearly a week! I'm off work sick at the moment with stress and this last thing I need!

I have enough to worry about looking after my own bun, and i'm also looking after my housemates ferrets whilst she's gone to see her parents. Plus we're getting a cat in a week. I cannot keep her bunnies!

She came round after work to see me yesterday, to see how I was getting on. She said she couldn't take the bunnies then because her partner wasn't at home to help her get the cage out (with bunnies in) at the other end.

She said she's come back after she finished work today. She was meant to finish at 3pm and hasn't arrived. I've text her twice with no response.

My parents are visiting tomorrow to see me, and I can't have the bunnies here then!

What can I do?

I would call her and tell her straight that she needs to collect her bunnies tonight as you have made other committments.

:shock::shock: Oh no!! sounds a bit suss don't it??? :evil: I don't know what to suggest, is she a work collegue?

Hi there,

I have had my workmates two dear bunnies here with me for almost a fortnight, despite her having been back from her holiday for nearly a week! I'm off work sick at the moment with stress and this last thing I need!

I have enough to worry about looking after my own bun, and i'm also looking after my housemates ferrets whilst she's gone to see her parents. Plus we're getting a cat in a week. I cannot keep her bunnies!

She came round after work to see me yesterday, to see how I was getting on. She said she couldn't take the bunnies then because her partner wasn't at home to help her get the cage out (with bunnies in) at the other end.

She said she's come back after she finished work today. She was meant to finish at 3pm and hasn't arrived. I've text her twice with no response.

My parents are visiting tomorrow to see me, and I can't have the bunnies here then!

What can I do?

Oh my goodness, how ruuude!!

I suppose all you can do is keep trying! Could you ring work and see if she has actually left or if she's still there?

Yeh she is, we work on the same department and are really good mates... don't want to fall out with her over this!

I know, but it sounds like she is preying on your good nature, and knows that she will be able to get away with it:( When are you back at work?? She can't avoid you there

I'm signed off til a week Monday, and then that week i'm off on holiday anyway. But not a going away type holiday! I can't have them for another fornight..... we'll be bringing Woody (our rescue cat) home from the RSPCA in less than a week!

Plus it's unsettling for Manni and the ferrets.... particularly Manni as she's not been able to have free run of the house whilst they've been here!

I'm signed off til a week Monday, and then that week i'm off on holiday anyway. But not a going away type holiday! I can't have them for another fornight..... we'll be bringing Woody (our rescue cat) home from the RSPCA in less than a week!

Plus it's unsettling for Manni and the ferrets.... particularly Manni as she's not been able to have free run of the house whilst they've been here!

:evil: Oh I really don't know what to say, hoep you can get in touch with her, have you got her fellas number

Still not able to get hold of her!

been ringing her phone every 10 mins... goes through to answerphone everytime! messaged her on facebook and sent her 3 texts.... nothing!

Angry is an understatement. She knows i'm not well, I can't cope with this!

:shock: What a thoughtless thing for her to have done. If I were her, I'd be dying to get my bunnies back home.

Can you let her borrow a pet carrier to get them home in? Sounds like the only problem she's got is trying to get them through the front door whilst they're still in their cage. If they're in a pet carrier, at least she can take the cage apart and get it in by herself?!

Otherwise I think I'd be asking her outright if there was another reason she wasn't picking them up. I think I'd be a bit wary of giving them back after she's shown she doesn't seem to be that bothered about them. :oops::(

If I lend her my cat basket, she probably won't give it back to me in time for picking up Woody next week!

I am questioning whether she wants them back or not, have already said the RSPCA would look after them for her.... but I can't take them to the RSPCA.... not going to look very good is it!

If it wasn't for having saved my own bunny off freecycle, i'd be putting them on there.... I can't cope with them in my house any longer... they aren't even nice bunnies!

Can you have a good old chat with her and see for sure if she wants them back or not? If she doesn't, you can put them in the Rabbits in Need section on here. I wouldn't put them on the free-ads though. Even if they're not very nice bunnies, they don't deserve the fate that some free-ads bunnies get... :shock:

She doesn't sound that fussed about her bunnies. Maybe she wants to get rid of them and decided to let you "bunny-sit" them but keep making excuses not to collect them. But i'd be wary. She doesn't sound like a very good owner if she doesn't care about getting them back A.S.A.P!!! I feel sorry for the bunnies, and you. If she has her phone off then she is probably trying to avoid you, which can never be good. I know you don't want to lose your friendship, but you can't trust some people. They take advantage of other peoples good nature. Good luck and hopefully she will see some sense because this is so inconsiderate.

I have text her (again!) saying she HAS to collect them tomorrow morning, if she doesn't want them anymore she can take them to the RSPCA, but she can't just abandon them here.... it isn't fair.

I shall be ringing her first thing to make sure she's coming!

Back