• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bubbas had their VHD today....

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Took it all in their stride, my little soildiers. Got a cuddle while I held them for the vet - so that made my day!!

Remember when your granny used to smooch your face in her hands until your whole face ended up somewhere around the end of your nose? That's what Benson looked like while the vet was checking his jaws!!:lol: He was looking at me head on while she was doing it and I'll swear he was saying "I'm not amused mummy, NOT AMUSED!"

Vet was lovely and really into rabbits. They had a house rabbit as vet students in their digs. Mr Pickwick. He used to do the rounds of 8 rooms and stamp his feet if the resident didn't give him a stroke. She says she likes to get the rabbit patients so she can educate the owners. She oooohed and ahhhhhed over my two which pleased me greatly!! Both buns in tip top condition she says and whatever I'm doing I have to keep doing!! So heres to another year of running myself ragged and worrying myself silly then!! :roll::lol:

S'all I have to say.

Aw bless, Spenser was like that with me last Thursday when he had his myxi booster. Moulted white tummy hairs all over my dark grey coat. :lol: How does it work when you are having two buns done? Does one stay in the carrier until the other one is done, and who goes first? :wave:

Aw bless, Spenser was like that with me last Thursday when he had his myxi booster. Moulted white tummy hairs all over my dark grey coat. :lol: How does it work when you are having two buns done? Does one stay in the carrier until the other one is done, and who goes first? :wave:

Yep they come out one at a time! On a first come, first serve basis!! :D

When we go, it's usually Sugar, who is the dominant bun, sitting at the front of the carrier until I reach in to get her - then she jumps behind Spice and pushes her out first! If I was Spice, I would be seriously questioning Sugar's leadership skills :roll::lol:

Xxx

Last edited:
Mine go in pairs in their carriers.

The Big Boys go first, and I try to do Dan before Clo because Dan is impatient and likes to be first.

Then I do the Little Boys - Butters goes first to get it over and done with, then I save the little minx, otherwise known as Blackie, til last (cos if he went first the vet might refuse to treat the others in case they're all the same as him :lol:)

The Big Boys go first, and I try to do Dan before Clo because Dan is impatient and likes to be first.

Then I do the Little Boys - Butters goes first to get it over and done with, then I save the little minx, otherwise known as Blackie, til last (cos if he went first the vet might refuse to treat the others in case they're all the same as him :lol:)

He's small but he's a formidible bunny!! :lol:

I always say to the vet, who do you fancy first, the difficult two or the easy two? But then Mischa will go and play up and put that idea round the wrong way. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I don't take mine all in one go because a) I would take up about 3 appointments and b) I think the vet needs the time to recover in between, Castiel nearly kicked him in the face when he got his VHD :shock::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I don't take mine all in one go because a) I would take up about 3 appointments and b) I think the vet needs the time to recover in between, Castiel nearly kicked him in the face when he got his VHD :shock::lol:

:lol: That vet I got today had a really good knack of having the bun facing away from her with its butt firmly squished against her so they couldn't kick out. She says that it is to prevent the bunny kicking and breaking its back. She then went on to explain that its a precaution mostly because most bunnies are hutch bunnies that don't get enough exercise, which gives them oesteoperosis (cant spell that!) and if they were to kick too hard it would damage their spines :cry: I love that vet!! She clearly loves rabbits!!!

:lol: That vet I got today had a really good knack of having the bun facing away from her with its butt firmly squished against her so they couldn't kick out. She says that it is to prevent the bunny kicking and breaking its back. She then went on to explain that its a precaution mostly because most bunnies are hutch bunnies that don't get enough exercise, which gives them oesteoperosis (cant spell that!) and if they were to kick too hard it would damage their spines :cry: I love that vet!! She clearly loves rabbits!!!

Aww bless her :love: I love good vets

Back