• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Ginger please :( UD Will be calling vets again, nose still runny :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Poor little poppet has a very runny nose and keeps sneezing.

Thought it was just hay to start with as there was no discharge, but i've just come back from a customers site, checked on them and her paws are all wet inside and her nose is a bit crusty and wet :(

Unfortunately, i'm not around after this afternoon as i'll be back in Kent, so i can't get her to the vets until Monday :(

Can you all just think of her and hope she's alright for me :(

Poor little thing :cry: :love:

Last edited:
Oh no. Mega vibes for little Ginger.

Is there maybe someone near to you who could take her to the vets for you?

Unfortunately not :cry:

I don't know anyone here really - OH will be at work and i wouldnt trust anyone else with my bunnies as they will both have to go :(

ETA: why does this always have to happen to me when/just before i go away? WHY OH WHY DOES IT?! :cry:

Earliest appt i can get is Monday now *sob*

How bad do i feel? She's only been here 3 and a bit weeks. Already, i've let her down :(

Last edited:
oh no, sounds like a touch of the snuffles :(
is there any way ur oh can get her to the vets after or before work??
trillions of vibes xxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately not :cry:

I don't know anyone here really - OH will be at work and i wouldnt trust anyone else with my bunnies as they will both have to go :(

ETA: why does this always have to happen to me when/just before i go away? WHY OH WHY DOES IT?! :cry:

Earliest appt i can get is Monday now *sob*

How bad do i feel? She's only been here 3 and a bit weeks. Already, i've let her down :(
oh sorry missed your eta :wave:
gray noone could ever say of you that you let your bunnies down EVER. youre a wonderful bunny dad and gingers lucky to have you :love:

Ok, how about seeing if the vet will do a home visit when your OH is there? Saves anyone having to transport both bunnies.

Will cost - but will save you a lot of stressing.

Awwh, poor wee Ginger.

It does sound like it might be snuffles or something similar. Or perhaps some kind of dental issue if she has wet feet. Daphne's front feet always get damp when her teeth need doing and her nose sometimes gets a bit wet.

I'm sure Ginger will be fine, but Monday is a long way away and if you're going to be worrying all that time, I think you should see if your OH can get Ginger a vet appointment. For your own sanity mostly! :p:lol:

:cry:

OH can't take her or let anyone in whilst im not here, for reasons i wont go in to.

Its all rubbish, absolute rubbish :cry:

Going to see if i can get an early appt for tomorrow AM and push back heading back to kent til a little later.

ARGH! :(

:cry:

OH can't take her or let anyone in whilst im not here, for reasons i wont go in to.

Its all rubbish, absolute rubbish :cry:

Going to see if i can get an early appt for tomorrow AM and push back heading back to kent til a little later.

ARGH! :(

Could your OH arrange to be out and have someone else be there to let the vet in? If you can get an emergency appointment for today or early tomorrow and delay setting off then that definitely sounds the best solution, these things always happen at the wrong time. Good luck sorting it out ;)

Awwh, don't get upset Gray.

I think you only need to really start worrying if she goes off her food or starts acting strangely. I think it might be a good idea to see if you can get her an early appointment though, even if it's not with your usual vet, or you're going to be worrying about it the whole time you're away. :(

Oh no poor Ginger!!
I would like to be able to say that she would be fine until Monday but you know as well as all of us on here how quickly bunnies can go down hill so if it were me I would really try and get her seen before you go away or somehow arrange for a home visit like Blackberry & Co said, just to be on the safe side and also to avoid you stressing allt he time you are ment to be working!

I would definately go all out to find a way of getting her to the vets asap. It may be nothing serious but Monday is a long way off.

Hope you find a way round the problem.

Calling vets - i've agreed with my manager that i wont travel up tomorrow afternoon, i'll do the evening instead and take half day out of my november holiday i have booked to get her to the vet.

Hope they have an appt for tomorrow AM... :?

:(

Calling vets - i've agreed with my manager that i wont travel up tomorrow afternoon, i'll do the evening instead and take half day out of my november holiday i have booked to get her to the vet.

Hope they have an appt for tomorrow AM... :?
:(

Fingers crossed!

Back