• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Residence Sunday 12th December ? postpone

I would be there if i stayed closer. I feel like i can never help with these kind of things!

I'm off work from the 6th-14th November so could do then. I don't know what shifts I'm working in December yet :wave:

I know I should . . and I know Caroline and am fairly close (30 mins) BUt with 19 buns here (and the hens and bantams etc) and Hawthorn being a full time nursing job right now, and Blackberry having bad fits again - and being so behind with everything to do with work due to all this - I really would find it really difficult to find the time.

I shall think hard on how I might help in other ways.

apologies (leaves thread feeling very very guilty)

I know I should . . and I know Caroline and am fairly close (30 mins) BUt with 19 buns here (and the hens and bantams etc) and Hawthorn being a full time nursing job right now, and Blackberry having bad fits again - and being so behind with everything to do with work due to all this - I really would find it really difficult to find the time.

I shall think hard on how I might help in other ways.

apologies (leaves thread feeling very very guilty)

I would suggest an open garden but its the wrong time of year. Don't feel bad, we all know you've got a lot on :D

:wave: brill idea :D I can do most weekends, I can't do weekend of 13/14 or Sat 20th Nov though.

I should be able to come along and lend a hand, and my friend will too. We work full-time but are free weekends:)

I can help on weekends, especially Sundays. I work full time and live too far to make it over on evenings :(

Yey! Ive been planning to go & help her out too - but have never been there before! Im so excited!
A weekend day would suit me better....But could poss do a week day if I know in advance, not thursdays though.
I could possibly also bring my sister - not sure if my niece would be welcome - she is 9 years old? If too young I understand - just would be nice to know so we can sort out a sitter for her.....and I could also ask OH to come though he may enjoy a break to himself!:lol:

It might be difficult to bring a little one - she does have kids come along when they're viewing bunnies obviously, but there are planning restrictions on the number of people on site at any one time and some of the neighbours do watch and do complain. So for maximum effectiveness with minimum difficulty, it's probably best to try and stick to people who are old enough to volunteer. Obviously it's up to Caroline but I thought I'd at least mention it now so you can work out possibilities :)

Once you have decided on a suitable date, i'll check to make sure that OH isn't going to be on call and if he's not, i'll try my hardest to get across to help.
I'll even rope my 16yr old into helping. If nowt else she makes a decent cup of tea!

OH and I will come if it's a weekend, though we can't do next weekend 6th/7th. Also, we will be coming from Stevenage to Great Chishill, so if anyone on the way needs a lift...:wave:

Sunday 21st November looks a good date

or Sunday 12th December.

Please pencil in those dates. Ill check with Caroline and see which is best for her.

Because of neighbours, we cannot all drive onto the property. We will decide on a meet up point where we can park some of the cars and car pool in.

Update as soon as I have heard back from Caroline

Last edited:
Have just spoken to Caroline, both/either of those dates would be great. She is going to draw up a list of big jobs that need doing. What she really needs is a definite list of numbers, as she can have 15-20 volunteers at the rescue at once as a one off, but has to notify the council and get permission.

We would also need to think about logistics, possibly parking in a supermarket car park in Royston and then driving to the rescue in 3 or 4 cars, and parking at Caroline's parents house.

So could people please post on this thread very clearly stating which date they can come, and how many of them, and hopefully Raine will write up a list of people and add it to the original post :D

I'll go first!

Lib_n_bunny - 2 people, either date

Back