• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flower remedies

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Not sure if its just a coincidence but I have put a mixture of flower rems in the rabbits water bottle and for the last 2 days I have spotted Spudsey grooming BB. They haven't been seen doing this for ages, just keeping out of each others way. I've put five remedies in which are supposed to stop dominating behaviour (spuds) and increase confidence (BB).
Anyone else had any luck with these? I have tried flower rems on my cats before but unsure whether they did anything.

:wave: Interesting!
Only really used Rescue Remedy for stressed cats with cat flu.
It was not in isolation as I used Feliway & anything else that I thought might help. So its really hard to say if it helped or not.
Have never really used any complimentary therapies for the buns except beneficial herbs.
I'd be interested to know which rems you used for Spudsey, I have a tiny tyrant of a Nethie who has a few dominance issues too. I'd be keen to dose him!

:wave: Interesting!
Only really used Rescue Remedy for stressed cats with cat flu.
It was not in isolation as I used Feliway & anything else that I thought might help. So its really hard to say if it helped or not.
Have never really used any complimentary therapies for the buns except beneficial herbs.
I'd be interested to know which rems you used for Spudsey, I have a tiny tyrant of a Nethie who has a few dominance issues too. I'd be keen to dose him!

Yes thats what I thought, extremely easy and safe to use so I thought it was worth a go! I have used them on my cats but like you were using feliway and other bits too so I wasn't too sure if they worked or not. I will let you know what I used later as I can't remember at present and haven't got my book on me.

Yes thats what I thought, extremely easy and safe to use so I thought it was worth a go! I have used them on my cats but like you were using feliway and other bits too so I wasn't too sure if they worked or not. I will let you know what I used later as I can't remember at present and haven't got my book on me.

Oh, I would be interested to know what you used.

I have a feisty bunny - Katy (female) who is bonded with Homer (male) and I am trying to bring in another female who will groom both of them but then the next second Katy will go to bite or scratch Cassie in an aggressive way.

I do think that part of it is that Katy is nervy and the other part is just plain evile :lol: She was difficult to bond with Homer 4 years ago but now they are like an old married couple.

I got some Dr Bachs rescue remedy but not sure how much to give her before trying to put them together and how long it takes to work.

Any hints on remedies to calm her would be good.

I'll have a look in my book later. I've been putting 16 drops in their water bottle once a day. According to my book results can be instant!

Bumping for BP :wave:
How are the flower remedies going?
And which did you use?

Yep have used them successfully in the past on myself aswell as my rabbits! In fact I became so interested in them that I decided to gain a qualification in them & recently qualified as a Flower Essence Therapist for animals :)

Yes they can be very quick acting in some cases, other times they can take several weeks to have an effect - the most important thing with them is regularity in giving the essences for them to do their work.

Bach's Rescue Remedy Essence no doubt will be being used alot in the next week or so with the fireworks - for those animals who suffer from firework anxiety RR is great for these cases & very simple to use.

Great to see so many bunny-mums using essences :)

I use homeopathic remedies little pills which they take for certain problems just the smae as your flower essence, I also use Lavender oil during healing sessions in real emergencys (I hate the smell of it but its supposed to be real good so)
I found healing and pills to be really good and was amazed at them working that I qualified also to help others.
I wonder hmmm I'm after a smell thats specific to me for healing what would you recommend perhaps you could make me one up? So I can rub on my hands or open bottle when I have my patients so they can smell it and feel relaxed, calm and help with healing in general!

:)
I'll have a look in my book later. I've been putting 16 drops in their water bottle once a day. According to my book results can be instant!

This is a wonderful thread!:D

Just wanted to ask - 16 drops of Rescue Remedy in what size water bottle?

I have a 1.1Lt. bottle....
Yep have used them successfully in the past on myself aswell as my rabbits! In fact I became so interested in them that I decided to gain a qualification in them & recently qualified as lower Essence Therapist for animals :)

Yes they can be very quick acting in some cases, other times they can take several weeks to have an effect - the most important thing with them is regularity in giving the essences for them to do their work.

Bach's Rescue Remedy Essence no doubt will be being used alot in the next week or so with the fireworks - for those animals who suffer from firework anxiety RR is great for these cases & very simple to use.

Hi! Wonderful that you have used these flower rememdies on your buns!:D

What other remedies do you use for them?

I am a huge fan of flower remedies for humans, but haven't really tried them on animals as yet.

:wave: Do you think I could just put a couple of drops on Fenugreek for Katy to calm her before trying another bonding session? The other two are so laid back and do enjoy each others company anyway.

:wave: Do you think I could just put a couple of drops on Fenugreek for Katy to calm her before trying another bonding session? The other two are so laid back and do enjoy each others company anyway.

Yes, that would definately be an option, although if you are looking at more of a longterm treatment then other essences may be better to use.
'Rescue Remedy' is more of an emergency essence ie for travel, vets, fireworks etc. but you could quite easily use this (as it does act as a calmer) for what you want to do. Dosage-wise give 4 drops on food (fenugreek etc) 20 minutes before bonding & then repeat with another 4 drops 1 minute before bonding. You can repeat 30mins-1hour later dependant on what is happening.
If you find this doesn't work then an essence that would calm her can be added to her water bottle/bowl for a few days before an attempted bonding.

Hi! Wonderful that you have used these flower rememdies on your buns!:D

What other remedies do you use for them?

Hi, well I use Reiki on my rabbits (which is an energy therapy) & animal communication which can come in handy! I do love Flower Essences (I also use Gem Essences which are based on the energy from Crystals) as they are so gentle yet can be so effective.

P.S-For those wanting to know, the standard dose per animal is 16 drops per day - this can be broken down however you wish - 16 drops in the water bottle/bowl or 8 drops in the water & 8 drops on veges - totally up to the carer. The only difference is when using a combination like Rescue Remedy - with this you use as & when needed & I tend to use it in increments of 4's to give.
Hope that helps - sorry to hijack the thread BP!! :oops::oops:

Hi, well I use Reiki on my rabbits (which is an energy therapy) & animal communication which can come in handy! I do love Flower Essences (I also use Gem Essences which are based on the energy from Crystals) as they are so gentle yet can be so effective.

P.S-For those wanting to know, the standard dose per animal is 16 drops per day - this can be broken down however you wish - 16 drops in the water bottle/bowl or 8 drops in the water & 8 drops on veges - totally up to the carer. The only difference is when using a combination like Rescue Remedy - with this you use as & when needed & I tend to use it in increments of 4's to give.
Hope that helps - sorry to hijack the thread BP!! :oops::oops:

I soooo wish i had your skills!

Yep have used them successfully in the past on myself aswell as my rabbits! In fact I became so interested in them that I decided to gain a qualification in them & recently qualified as a Flower Essence Therapist for animals :)

Loving the sound of the course you did. Would it be possible to do the qualification you did by distance learning?
Theres nothing like that available here.

Loving the sound of the course you did. Would it be possible to do the qualification you did by distance learning?
Theres nothing like that available here.

Yes it is actually a distance learning course but you have to do some practical tasks as part of the course, such as interviewing animal owners, visiting sanctuaries for case studies etc, etc.

Here is the email address for you to send an enquiry & get the course outline (ask if it is open to you due to where you live - in theory I would say it would be as the modules can be emailed to you & you can email your coursework directly to the tutor).

Course: Diploma in Animal Flower Essence Therapy

Email: Sharon@creaturecomfortsconsultancy.co.uk

Hope that helps!

Back