• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have been a bad bunny mummy...

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
... I have bought Spenser kale. :no: He simply will not eat his spring greens, and the cabbages in Morrisons didn't look like his type of cabbage. I will try Tesco tomorrow, but in the meantime he will be a spoilt bunny. :roll::roll:

:lol: he will love you for it though

He was actually sleeping when I took them out ... not for long. I just meant to give him a few of the sprigs I'd washed, but he woke up and yanked the whole lot out of the dish I was carrying. :shock::lol:

He was actually sleeping when I took them out ... not for long. I just meant to give him a few of the sprigs I'd washed, but he woke up and yanked the whole lot out of the dish I was carrying. :shock::lol:

:lol::lol: I put all the veg for mine in a mixing bowl so it's easier to wash and Harvey always puts his paws in it, pulls it out of my hands and grabs the best bits! :lol::lol::lol: at least you don't have to worry about his appetite

Is kale not good for them? :oops:

Oggie loves his kale! Has it quite often.

It is generally thought to have too much calcium in it to be suitable for regular feeding. :? Same with parsley, although the flat leaf type is not as bad as the curly. If Oggie has been getting it regularly and doesn't have any problems I can understand you not wanting to deprive him. I have to admit it was a joy to see Spenser nomming so enthusiastically. :oops::love:

It is generally thought to have too much calcium in it to be suitable for regular feeding. :? Same with parsley, although the flat leaf type is not as bad as the curly. If Oggie has been getting it regularly and doesn't have any problems I can understand you not wanting to deprive him. I have to admit it was a joy to see Spenser nomming so enthusiastically. :oops::love:

Oh woah, didn't realise about that. He doesn't normally get it all the time but normally has a bag every 2 months. He hasn't had any problems with it so didn't really think he would go funny on it.

Thankyou for telling me Susie bun! Glad Spencer is eating and enjoying it though. I do think its Oggies favourite! :love:

Oh woah, didn't realise about that. He doesn't normally get it all the time but normally has a bag every 2 months. He hasn't had any problems with it so didn't really think he would go funny on it.

Thankyou for telling me Susie bun! Glad Spencer is eating and enjoying it though. I do think its Oggies favourite! :love:

I don't think a bag every couple of months would do much harm. Spenser probably gets that, and it is going to be difficult to avoid given the amount of things he refuses. :roll:I think one of the signs to watch for is cloudy pee that leaves a white mark.

My two eat like pigs, tell Spensor that Smithy and Nessa will be around to eat all his food up if he does not start eating it soon. :lol:

That might help. I could wind him up that small bunny eat their noms much better than silly big rabbits like him. ;):lol: You wouldn't believe the amount of untouched veg I have composted since I got him.

... I have bought Spenser kale. :no: He simply will not eat his spring greens, and the cabbages in Morrisons didn't look like his type of cabbage. I will try Tesco tomorrow, but in the meantime he will be a spoilt bunny. :roll::roll:

:lol: you sound like me. I bought a cheeky bag of kale too :oops:

i give mine kale quite often :oops:

Reggie will only eat kale veg wise...he won't eat that other dodgy looking green stuff (cabbage to everyone else), nor will he eat suspicious orange things (carrots) or actually anything else apart from the odd sprout and his hay!

i give mine kale quite often :oops:

Reggie will only eat kale veg wise...he won't eat that other dodgy looking green stuff (cabbage to everyone else), nor will he eat suspicious orange things (carrots) or actually anything else apart from the odd sprout and his hay!

It was months before Spenser would even acknowledge carrot as a foodstuff. He will take them now, if I slice them very thinly.

It was months before Spenser would even acknowledge carrot as a foodstuff. He will take them now, if I slice them very thinly.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry but Spencer has you sussed! You are wrapped right round his little pawsie!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Sorry but Spencer has you sussed! You are wrapped right round his little pawsie!

Absolutely. :oops: Doesn't help matters that my mother is there backing up his poor-starving-bunny expression when I present him with his pellet bowl half full (trying to get him to eat more hay) and a dish of healthy spring greens. :roll::roll:

I don't think a bag every couple of months would do much harm. Spenser probably gets that, and it is going to be difficult to avoid given the amount of things he refuses. :roll:I think one of the signs to watch for is cloudy pee that leaves a white mark.

What colour should their pee actually be ? Just wondering.

Back