• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue centers around the Southampton Area

babybunny2010

Young Bun
am really sorry, I know this is not the right place to put this but it wouldn’t let me put it anywhere else.

I am looking for a girlfriend for my 5 month old neutered male lionhead. I really want to get a rescue bunny but I am having real trouble finding any suitable. I have been to a couple of rescues around Southampton but they either have pairs or male rabbits for adoption. Does anyone know of any other rescues around the Southampton area that I could try?

Thank you.

There are quite a few rescues around Southampton :)

Which ones have you tried already? And how far are you able to travel?

I think Stubbington Ark is the biggest RSPCA branch in the country so they'd almost certainly be worth a visit.

There are quite a few rescues around Southampton :)

Which ones have you tried already? And how far are you able to travel?

I think Stubbington Ark is the biggest RSPCA branch in the country so they'd almost certainly be worth a visit.

I went to Stubbington Ark last weekend and there were hardly any rabbits for adoption. Those that were either in pairs or male. I have also been to the Blue Cross. I have called Second Chance Animal Rescue and St Francis Animal welfare but neither of them have any suitable for me.

I have tried calling Southampton Rabbit Rescue a number of times and have also sent an email but as yet I have not heard anything. I am willing to travel anywhere within reason but I would like my rabbit to be introduced to the new one before we bring them home as if they don’t get on I would be stuffed!

I am surprised how hard I am finding it as I know how many rescue bunnies there are but I just cant seem to find them! :(

I went to Stubbington Ark last weekend and there were hardly any rabbits for adoption. Those that were either in pairs or male. I have also been to the Blue Cross. I have called Second Chance Animal Rescue and St Francis Animal welfare but neither of them have any suitable for me.

I have tried calling Southampton Rabbit Rescue a number of times and have also sent an email but as yet I have not heard anything. I am willing to travel anywhere within reason but I would like my rabbit to be introduced to the new one before we bring them home as if they don’t get on I would be stuffed!

I am surprised how hard I am finding it as I know how many rescue bunnies there are but I just cant seem to find them! :(

Oh, that's a shame :(

I went to the RSPCA over here this morning and they had a handful of single bunnies, but I didn't think to look to see if they were male or female - I wasn't looking for bunnies, I was there for health and safety training to volunteer. I wish I had looked now! :roll: You could always give them a ring and ask? Although if they did have one suitable, it'd obviously involve a boat trip to pick her up (I live on the Isle of Wight).

Failing that, I'd try Honeybunnies or one of the other rescues that rehome nationally. 'Bunny-runs' can be organised via this forum if the rabbit is too far away for you to travel the whole journey yourself.

Oh, and there's Furry Friends Animal Rescue in Surrey - they have Rhubarb and Maggie. :) http://sites.google.com/site/furryfriendsanimalrescue/animals-needing-homes/rabbits-needing-homes

Oh, that's a shame :(

I went to the RSPCA over here this morning and they had a handful of single bunnies, but I didn't think to look to see if they were male or female - I wasn't looking for bunnies, I was there for health and safety training to volunteer. I wish I had looked now! :roll: You could always give them a ring and ask? Although if they did have one suitable, it'd obviously involve a boat trip to pick her up (I live on the Isle of Wight).

Failing that, I'd try Honeybunnies or one of the other rescues that rehome nationally. 'Bunny-runs' can be organised via this forum if the rabbit is too far away for you to travel the whole journey yourself.

Oh, and there's Furry Friends Animal Rescue in Surrey - they have Rhubarb and Maggie. :) http://sites.google.com/site/furryfriendsanimalrescue/animals-needing-homes/rabbits-needing-homes

Thank you so much for your help! I might have to give them a call. The IOW isnt to far to travel for a rabbit :) I am going to pop to the RSPCA in Ringwood at the the weekend as well and hopefully have some luck there.

Have you tried the Ashley Heath RSPCA?

There is a small rescue in Verwood (Dorset - just below Ringwood) that isn't on the list. I only know of it because the receptionist at our vets mentioned it.

I don't have the contact details, but if you call Cedar Vets at Verwood and ask if they can pass your contact details on to the lady who rescues rabbits and aslo does boarding then she might have a suitable bunny :wave:

Have you tried the Ashley Heath RSPCA?

There is a small rescue in Verwood (Dorset - just below Ringwood) that isn't on the list. I only know of it because the receptionist at our vets mentioned it.

I don't have the contact details, but if you call Cedar Vets at Verwood and ask if they can pass your contact details on to the lady who rescues rabbits and aslo does boarding then she might have a suitable bunny :wave:

Thank you. I think Ashley Heath is where I am going at the weekend. I will give that vet a call and pass my detials on, thank you very much for this!

There's Cat and Rabbit rescue at Sidlesham - the other side of Chichester to you.

I live in Havant and have rehomed three buns from BARC (which is a very long way away from me) - and am picking up another next week. They travel in stages by bunny runs. BARC bunnies are wonderful:love:

I'm always happy to help with a bunny run - am getting another two with my baby next week for another member on here who doesn't drive.

There's Cat and Rabbit rescue at Sidlesham - the other side of Chichester to you.

I live in Havant and have rehomed three buns from BARC (which is a very long way away from me) - and am picking up another next week. They travel in stages by bunny runs. BARC bunnies are wonderful:love:

I'm always happy to help with a bunny run - am getting another two with my baby next week for another member on here who doesn't drive.

Thank you, however I did look at their website a week or so ago but they said they cannot rehome to me as I live too far away for them to do a home check. Its such a shame, maybe I should move lol :p

Oooh, I just thought! Helen!

Send 'The Duchess' a PM via the forum - Helen runs her own rescue and she has some beautiful girly buns in. She'll bond for you too. :)

I really want Daisy but I'm too far out of her rehoming area. :(:lol: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=249210

ETA - and Libby! :love: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=248695

I have already done that and I live too far away again! Seriously I am thinking about moving... OK maybe not lol.

Why are there no single ladies in the Southampton area for my little man?!

p.s Daisy is beautiful!

Who was it who said you were too far for a homecheck? If it was BARC I could probably do a homecheck for you (if Angie agreed).

My 2 buns came from Sue at Southampton Rabbit Rescue. She has a website you could look at http://www.southamptonrabbitrescue.org.uk/
she does get very busy though so thats why she probably hasn't got back to you, I think some of her buns are poorly at present too. Maybe try contacting her through her website, she's in Bursledon if that's near you? :wave:

Well on the chichester cat and rabbit rescue website says it doesn't go past certain areas and I am passed there.

Bursledon is near me. I have had a look on the southampton rabbit rescue website but there is nothing on there suitable really. I'm not being fussy I just think my bunny will be. I wanted to speak to them to see what they say.

I just really want to find one soon as I know there are so many looking for good homes

Thanks again for everyones help x

Bursledon is near me. I have had a look on the southampton rabbit rescue website but there is nothing on there suitable really. I'm not being fussy I just think my bunny will be. I wanted to speak to them to see what they say.

Sue usually has other buns for rehoming plus the ones on her website, have you tried texting her?

Hope you find a rescue bun soon :)

Sue usually has other buns for rehoming plus the ones on her website, have you tried texting her?

Hope you find a rescue bun soon :)

I did think that maybe they might have some that are not on the site. I will give her a text now.

I hope I find one soon as well :)

Thank you.

Back