• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for my trio of girls in for neutering tommorow please :)

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I have ama, lily and lucy in for neutering tommorow morning. I'm a little nervous as ama is my oldest bun now. She is about 4/5 years old.

I'd appreciate some vibes for my girls recovering quickly. I've just bought an indoor four foot x2ft cage for them to recover in. I hope this is okay. I don't want them to be running around really after the operation.

After a week i'll have them back outside.

Thanks xx

I hope all goes smoothly and they all recover quickly :) And don't forget the painmeds for the next few days :) (can't not say it :lol: especially when an older bun is involved).

I hope all goes smoothly and they all recover quickly :) And don't forget the painmeds for the next few days :) (can't not say it :lol: especially when an older bun is involved).

Thanks Sky,

I appreciate it. I will insist upon pain meds this time xx

aaah lotsa vibes! My girls were done not too long ago - we went in again for a 3 day post-op check - check outside wound is healing well...which is very re-assuring & again for a 10 day one where they made sure the internal wound was healing well. I was advised to keep them in a smaller space where they cant jump about for at least 10 days....I think as they heal differenly to each other & its so easy for them to do too much and hurt themselves....Im sure you can see how they are recovering & then decide...though i owuld not let them use ramps until at least 2 weeks....one level is safer...:)

I was given 5 day course of metacam for my girls...squished into a tiny piece of banana it went down a treat!:lol:

Of course it helps them if they have a little snack box of what they usually eat - my girls had their dried herbs....and their blankets for after their spays...makes them feel a little more at home...

Thinking of you tomorrow - vibes for the girls xxxx:love:

Thankyou- aww will try banana. They do like that. It's just trying to get my vets to prescribe pain relief that is the tricky part. They are dead against metacam for some reason. Say it causes more problems than help. If i keep them in a six foot x2ft hutch one level, after a week, because i'm moving and i'm going to have to have them outside when i'm at the new property. Should that be okay or is that too much space?

I'm getting some ryedale hutches delivered- maybe they would make it 6x3 for me and then i'll attach a run rather than do two levels. I don't like ramps really, always worried they will get there feet stuck down the edges.

Thanks for the vibes for them. I'm going to call now and check they are okay to pick up. I hope so xx

Thanks Sky,

Great news, they are all okay. They are abit hazy but relaxing together in their indoor cage. The vets gave them painkillers and antibiotics on leaving, but didn't give me any again to take home. They said i need to come back and for them to administer them, so i'm going to take them in again tommorow if need be and the following day and so on.

I don't mind doing extra runs. Ama is more lively, lily looks like she was done last and lucy is okay too.

Moving house in two days, just need to get the ryedale hutches setup and delivered then i'll take them to their new outdoor home.

Thanks for all the vibes everyone. I hope they continue to be fine. That's all my buns neutered now.

xx

Oh bless them, lots & lots of recovery vibes for your girls xxxx

Thankyou, they pulled through well, they are still inside, as i want to keep them in recovery a few more days, then i'll put them back out again.

May have to get some heat pads, as they will be used to being in the house for the last week.

xx

Back