• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hermione has escaped and i dont know how-shes back!!

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
Hello

I need help hermione has escaped and i dont know how:cry:Ash is still in the hutch we cant find anyway she could of escaped. Aswell i fed them 3 hours ago and hermi was there, she justs gone, maybe i am just not meant to have rabbits, im a terrible owner, i cant even keep them in tthere hutch.

Why is it always me, we cant find or see her anywhere, is there any ideas on how to get her back?

Thankyou

Ash&CRystal

Last edited:
Oh no! You must be distraught! I honestly can't think of any advice to give you! Have you knocked neighbours doors? Do you think she could have been taken? I hope you find her? x

ETA: You are not a bad owner because of this!

have you put food out in the garden..is there a shelter she can go in just incase she is hiding or comes back? banana, carrots etc and other buns poo scattered around in the garden and outside the garden...so she can smell the scents which could draw her back....do you have a spare hutch you can leave open all night for her?
Gosh I can imagine your anxiety..my head would be well and truly done in if mine ever disappeared...how do you think this bun got out? any chance it's the same as the other bunny

have you put food out in the garden..is there a shelter she can go in just incase she is hiding or comes back? banana, carrots etc and other buns poo scattered around in the garden and outside the garden...so she can smell the scents which could draw her back....do you have a spare hutch you can leave open all night for her?
Gosh I can imagine your anxiety..my head would be well and truly done in if mine ever disappeared...how do you think this bun got out? any chance it's the same as the other bunny

whenever they have ever escaped it has been because of left open doors or digging, i jst cant find anything no holes no open doors nothing left open and ash is still in there and they are the same size it just doenst make sense

who can get into your garden?

If the hutch/shed wasn't open it makes no sense. Is your garden secure? Could someone steal her? Has someone closed the hutch finding it open? Where could she hide? Who can help you search? Lots of luck.

Usually if rabbits escape they don't go far. Two of mine got out and were eating our neighbours plants in their front gardens. If she's nowhere to be seen at all I would suspect she's been stolen.

Helen xx

oh dear I do hope you get her back - get the torches out! Molly went missing from our garden but she was free ranging I turned my back for a moment and she was gone - we were out hunting the streets and rapped up all the neighbours - I went back to the garden to get another torch and Molly just appeared - it was so weird - she was standing in the middle of the garden looking v startled. I think she may have dug a burrow under the garden but we filled in all possible holes after that.

I really hope you get her back.:(

Have you checked under the hutch, shed, side alleys, behind and under everything in the garden? Have you tried shaking treat tubs calling her? If your garden is secure she wouldn't be outside your perimeter. Could you let your other bun into the garden-he may find her. She's not stuck somewhere in the hutch? Not sure of your set up sorry. I'd put a box, some hay and food and a bowl of water out. And soiled bedding from her hutch around your front garden too. On the bright side it's not going to be freezing tonight apparantly. Good luck :)

well at about 9:45 we spotted a rabbit figure on the front lawn around hermi's size so we hae put food out on the front garden and we are just hoping it was her if so we know she hasnt been stolen and isnt being hurt or kept in horrible conditions

have you tried catching her? I'd sit out with some carrot and nibbles as she knows your scent she won't be afraid, have a pet carrier with some in too (right at the back) when she goes in close the door...she's still at risk from cats/dogs.

have you tried catching her? I'd sit out with some carrot and nibbles as she knows your scent she won't be afraid, have a pet carrier with some in too (right at the back) when she goes in close the door...she's still at risk from cats/dogs.

I am worried about cats and dogs and foxes she is very nervous so i wouldnt think sitting out would helpp because she doesnt come up to me anyway and i think it might put her off a bit more, thanks for the advice:)

Ring the local vets, the RSPCA and local pet shops to see if anyone has handed her in. That's what I did when my brother in law's rabbit Hugs escaped. We got him back. :)

And I got a Grimlock too...

Back