• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive Vibes Needed Please =[ U/D Sapphire and Jamie now together - and happy to be

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I managed to get Sapphire an emergency appointment for 16:00pm and she is being kept in over night for observation and to be administered treatment for gut stasis :cry:

The vet is very worried about her weight loss, however her teeth are completely fine (so still none the wiser as to why she'll eat everything but hay!!)...she took her temperature and that is fine, and her chest sounds normal too. She doesn't weigh as little as I thought (she is 1.4kg in comparison to Jamie's 2.6kg), however the vet said it isn't right that you can see her spine and feel everything :( The vet commented her stomach feels a bit doughy, hence the start of treatment for G.I Stasis.

There's a 24 hour vet nurse at the surgery, so I've got her number and will ring her later to find out any updates...which I will supply the forum with.

I need vibes for both Sapphire and Jamie please... Jamie has never been on his own since he met Sapphire, but the vet couldn't allow him to stay as they wouldn't be able to monitor specifically Sapphires pooping. I've left the blanket I put in the carrier in Jamie's hutch in the hope it still smells like Sapphire.

The flea issue is going to be treated secondary as I've ordered some of the Advantage stuff i as it wasn't in stock.

Please keep vibes coming, I am so worried she wont make it. They're contacting my previous vet for all the test results, so they will get to the bottom of it. I just don't want to put her through any suffering if she has to have all the tests repeated again :(

Lou xx

Last edited:
Wishing you all the best for your bunny.

Sounds awfully like symptoms my rabbits are experiencing at the moment.

Veryworrying but I'm sure your vet will get to the bottom of it.

Wishing you all the best for your bunny.

Sounds awfully like symptoms my rabbits are experiencing at the moment.

Veryworrying but I'm sure your vet will get to the bottom of it.

Do you know what's wrong with your rabbits at the moment?

This is the third time this year she has dropped weight without an explanation, I just need to get to the bottom of it.

She let the vet examine her, and didn't flinch when the thermometer went up her bottom...very unlike Sapphire. I don't like it :(

She's just not with it at all.

xx

Lots of vibes for Sapphire and Jamie, hope the vet can work out what's causing her weight loss xx

Just had a phone call from the vets... absolutely panicked because I worried something seriously bad had happened, thankfully not.

He was ringing me to give me an update:-

She is being treated for impaction in the gut, and already she has been passing poops. He's done some blood tests and there's nothing interesting - organs all seem to be fine.

She is very bright and happy in herself, has eaten both dry and fresh food but is refusing the hay they are offering. So he's now wondering if there's a molar root problem.

He's asked me how far I'm willing to go with the treatment and I've told him as long as she's not in any pain or discomfort I am willing to go as far as they feel necessary.

I've to phone back in the morning for hopefully a better update, so please can I have some gut mass shrinkage vibes please?

Lou :(

xx

I am so glad I took her to the vets when I did. This morning and the morning before have been hellish... I've actually dreaded going outside to feed the bunnies because I've been worried she wouldn't make it :(

I feel like such a bad owner, but I just don't handle my rabbits often to see a big change in weight...this will now be changing, however. And because Sapphire has her winter coat on she doesn't look that skinny :(

xx

Back