• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please Help! Lily has swallowed a rubber band.

Lily_Lapin

New Kit
She hopped up onto the dining room table and I noticed a red, rubbery thing sticking out of her mouth! I tried to make her spit it out by waving carrot in front of her nose, but she just ignored it and before long she had swallowed it all up! Please tell me what to do. I am very worried about my poor bun! :cry:

How big was the band? How is she acting?

My boy Kermit used to eat loads of stuff. I would keep an eye on her and check she is acting as normal. Hopefully she will pass it.

Try to get her to eat plenty of hay to help it get through her system.

If it's any help, my bridge bun Kellogg once swallowed a rubber band. The first I knew of it was when I found it in his litter tray. It had definitely passed through him as droppings had formed round the band! And the band was still elastic too :lol: He had no ill effects at all.

She hopped up onto the dining room table and I noticed a red, rubbery thing sticking out of her mouth! I tried to make her spit it out by waving carrot in front of her nose, but she just ignored it and before long she had swallowed it all up! Please tell me what to do. I am very worried about my poor bun! :cry:

If you are really concerned, may i suggest you contact your vet? If you don't have a vet as of yet, perhaps you could let us know where you are and somoene can suggest a rabbit-savvy vet in the area?

I really hope your bunny is okay.

Gray

Thank you very much. :wave: I have given her quite alot of Readi Grass and if she starts acting weird then I will contact the vet.

Back