• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stupid nails

wales1000

Young Bun
we have tried a few times to cut the rabbits nails, but they are not having any of it so now we have to pay for the vets to cut them! guinea pigs nails are so much easier to cut, shame rabbits hate being picked up otherwise we could probably cut them and i begrudge paying vets to cut nails! never mind has to be done i know, but i just wish we could do it ourselves! we have tried various ways, but they just go nuts and kick out all the time - my bunnies really hate being picked up! Though they will take food out of hand, so they cant hate me!

we did try that, but they are so powerful and my partner couldn't hold them. when i take them to the vets on the weekend, i'll ask them about it. thanks for your reply.

I can't do Inky's myself (his claws are too dark) but with Smokey, I put her on the dining room table (on a towel)and lean over her. That way, she feels safe and I have a hand free to clip. You have to use the proper claw cutters though.

Back