• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Plan Question...

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I hope someone can clear this up for me, because short of ringing the 0845 number and speaking to someone who doesn't know what I'm on about I don't have a clue what this means.

All my rabbits have the same policy number...I have individual certificates, but the same number on each - does this mean that if I took more than one rabbit in for treatment I can claim off of the policy number? So my excess is £60....would I need to pay this once if it is reached for both rabbits?
:?

xx

I used to have one policy number for 2 rabbits insured with Petplan. They were both insured and had their own insurance certificate too with same policy number on them. The excess was then £50 per rabbit, and it's per rabbit per condition, per year. So if you claim for both rabbits then you would have to pay the first £100 in total. I had a dental bun and claimed for 2 years for same condition so had to pay the excess the first year and then again the 2nd year when the policy renewed.

I now have 2 different rabbits (previous ones insured sadly now gone to the brudge) both insured with Petplan still but they have now given me 2 seperate policy numbers and take 2 seperate direct debits each month no idea why they have done this but I still got a discount for having 2 animals insured!

Hope this helps :wave:

I used to have one policy number for 2 rabbits insured with Petplan. They were both insured and had their own insurance certificate too with same policy number on them. The excess was then £50 per rabbit, and it's per rabbit per condition, per year. So if you claim for both rabbits then you would have to pay the first £100 in total. I had a dental bun and claimed for 2 years for same condition so had to pay the excess the first year and then again the 2nd year when the policy renewed.

I now have 2 different rabbits (previous ones insured sadly now gone to the brudge) both insured with Petplan still but they have now given me 2 seperate policy numbers and take 2 seperate direct debits each month no idea why they have done this but I still got a discount for having 2 animals insured!

Hope this helps :wave:

Thanks for clearing that up for me, makes more sense now

xx

I have 2 rabbits insured with Petplan and like you say they too have the same policy number. The excess applies to each rabbit not combined amount.

Hi,
Im a vet nurse dealing with insurance claims. Your pet's having the same policy number is irrelevant to claiming. Each bunny has its own excess, own claims and each bunny receives up to £2000 per year in vet fees. I have all my pets with pet plan, they are (in my opinion) the best insurance comapny around! I recommend them to all my friends and family.

Back