• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

An appeal for hutches for possibly 5 pregnant bunnies can you help

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
On saturday I took in 4 bunnies as the lady was being evicted and was then told that 3 of the girls could be pregnant:cry:, then yesterday I received a call about 3 lops that lived together and the kids have got fed up with them:roll:the lady suspected she had a male and 2 females as they have been at it, I agreed to go and sex them but all they had was a 3ft hutch:evil: and were so cramped that i ended up bringing them home, so I now potentially have 5 pregnant bunnies:cry: my vets wont spey them either so im now in desperate need of accomadation to house these guys if babies are born.
If anyone is local to east sussex and has a spare hutch or indoor cages that they are happy to donate to EASTBOURNE RABBIT RESCUE we would be very greatful :D

Sorry I don't have a spare hutch but just wanted to send vibes to all the bunnies, hope they are not pregnant, and if they are hope the babies will be happy and healthy.

I hope you get enough accomodation soon!:wave:

On saturday I took in 4 bunnies as the lady was being evicted and was then told that 3 of the girls could be pregnant:cry:, then yesterday I received a call about 3 lops that lived together and the kids have got fed up with them:roll:the lady suspected she had a male and 2 females as they have been at it, I agreed to go and sex them but all they had was a 3ft hutch:evil: and were so cramped that i ended up bringing them home, so I now potentially have 5 pregnant bunnies:cry: my vets wont spey them either so im now in desperate need of accomadation to house these guys if babies are born.
If anyone is local to east sussex and has a spare hutch or indoor cages that they are happy to donate to EASTBOURNE RABBIT RESCUE we would be very greatful :D

thats a sad tale why on earth wontt he vet spay them? im afraid im too far to help but good luck

Can you try a different vet? My vet will emergency spay quite late and says there is no real increased risk? I know it isn't pleasant
I was thinking the same, we all know the problems, think I would be looking for another vet. I was told the same about late cat spays.

I have a 3 tier 7ft hutch, and could foster for the rescue if needed! Might be too far away though.

I have a single 7ft hutch that I'm happy to donate if it can be collected!

Poor bunnies! :(

Im sorry that you have been landed with such a stressful situation. I despair at people's lack of responsibility. :(:(:(:(:(

I have a 3 tier 7ft hutch, and could foster for the rescue if needed! Might be too far away though.

I have a single 7ft hutch that I'm happy to donate if it can be collected!

Poor bunnies! :(

My OH does a Worthing to Cambridge run usually once or twice a week - so could get from Eastbourne to Newmarket if this was an option.

I think we,re going to be ok:D:D I put an appeal on my facebook to, and a couple of the vetinery nurses are donating hutches to us, I also went into pets at home yesterday because they had a 6ft at a reduced price and spoke to the mananger and they reduced it even more for me, ive managed to find a couple of foster homes for 2 of the girls so they are now settled,

thank you sooo much for the offer of foster homes and hutches off here:love::love: will keep you all posted and when i get a spare five minutes ill try and work out how to do pictures,:D:D

Well done for sorting this and also for taking these bunnies, despite trying to get ready for your new baby.

Back