• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on ANNE been to vets

kayj

Wise Old Thumper
I took Anee this morning to be checked over as I had a feeling her aggression is down to hera being deaf:?. It turns out I was right, She grunted a bit while she was being checked over but didn't go to bite any of us. Caroline as said she is happy to spey her anytime I want as she is healthy.

So glad my ingling as regards her aggression was right as she only shows it if you catch her unaware, like if she as her back to you.:D:D

Glad you've solved the aggression problem - looks like she's well on the way to being a much happier bunny. :)

aaaaah bless her! At least now you can work with her & understand what a lonely little world she was in! I guess she needs lotsa mirros in her hutch so she can alwasy see everywhere....oh and cause she kows she's such a pretty lady! Noserubs !:love::love::love:

My Furby is deaf too. I'm hoping to bond him with a bun from BARC as I do worry about him being lonely as I work a lot. I still chat away to him though - I think maybe he can lip read:)

Fantastic news Kay, well done for helping her and I am sure she wi;ll turn out to be a softee when she is neutered

Anne is so lucky to have found you Kay! well done on figuring out her problem and hopefully she can now live a happier life with a little understanding!

Its really good news that you've managed to find out what the problem was and now it can all be dealt with properly and she will become a really lovely bunny.

It makes me very mad though as this is something which is fairly common in REWs and could have easily been picked up by someone with a little bit of rabbit knowledge. Having her PTS was obvioulsy not the last option and the first options ie figuring out why she was norty in the first place had not been investigated properly. Terrible attitude.

Well done Kay for your efforts and common sense. You have saved this girls life.

Its really good news that you've managed to find out what the problem was and now it can all be dealt with properly and she will become a really lovely bunny.

It makes me very mad though as this is something which is fairly common in REWs and could have easily been picked up by someone with a little bit of rabbit knowledge. Having her PTS was obvioulsy not the last option and the first options ie figuring out why she was norty in the first place had not been investigated properly. Terrible attitude.

Well done Kay for your efforts and common sense. You have saved this girls life.
I agree with everything you say here

I have a rabbit here who is blind in one eye and is slighty deaf also as vet put it its like hearing when your underwater for her. She has a attuide problem through this but I would never put her alseep becaue of this. She will come for nose rubs if you sit in her run for a while but only in her own time .She attacks if she is spooked and have gven a few bites but I love her the same as the rest and would never give her up

I missed this the other day Kay - bless Anne - no wonder she has an aggressive streak. Is there any wonder she's been agreesive in the past? Being deaf on top of being badly treated must have left the poor girl terrified :cry::cry::cry:

Thank god she is now safe with someone who will give her everything she needs & more :love:

I'm looking forward to meeting this little lady at some point :)

That's really good news, not knowing whats wrong is so frustrating. I'm sure she'll improve quickly now you know what's what and hopefull the spay will calm her further. Well done you :D:D

Back