• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Know of any West Sussex/Surrey Rescues or Foster Homes?

Honeybean

Warren Scout
Can you tell me if there are any rescues or foster homes West Sussex/Surrey borders that will do bonding please?

I know of the CRRC in Chichester but wanted to know if there are any others please.

I have a little boy and and am almost ready for him to find a neutered wife. I want someone else to do the bonding for me though.

Thanks

Hiya, we used Bobtails in Surrey. Check out their websites, they have some gorgeous buns. Our Badger was from there, and they were amazing at the bonding.

By the way, I work in Petworth! Small world!

Spooky

Hiya, we used Bobtails in Surrey. Check out their websites, they have some gorgeous buns. Our Badger was from there, and they were amazing at the bonding.

By the way, I work in Petworth! Small world!

Spooky!!!!! I live in Petworth. :wave: Where do you live?

How long was Badger at Bobtails for bonding?

I live in Broadbridge Heath and work over there :) Petworth is so pretty.

Badger was living there. When we had chosen him we waited for them to schedule the bonding (they don't take on too many as they really keep a close eye on them). The worst part was that we had to take Biscuit and leave her for almost a week - that really killed me! The house just wasn't the same! They were bonded in less than a week though and we brought them both home. It was wicked.

None of the rescues guarantee a bond, as some bunnies just won't bond, but they have an excellent success rate. We were supposed to look at back up bunnies in case the bond didn't work, but I couldn't bring myself to pick a "second best"....seemed a bit mean :(

I live in Broadbridge Heath and work over there :) Petworth is so pretty.

Badger was living there. When we had chosen him we waited for them to schedule the bonding (they don't take on too many as they really keep a close eye on them). The worst part was that we had to take Biscuit and leave her for almost a week - that really killed me! The house just wasn't the same! They were bonded in less than a week though and we brought them both home. It was wicked.

None of the rescues guarantee a bond, as some bunnies just won't bond, but they have an excellent success rate. We were supposed to look at back up bunnies in case the bond didn't work, but I couldn't bring myself to pick a "second best"....seemed a bit mean :(

Awww that sounds so sweet. :roll: I am such a softy. :roll:

I think I might ask Bobtails or a rescue if they have a few females to let Alfie choose his own wife. I have heard its called blind dating for bunnies! :roll:

Awww that sounds so sweet. :roll: I am such a softy. :roll:

I think I might ask Bobtails or a rescue if they have a few females to let Alfie choose his own wife. I have heard its called blind dating for bunnies! :roll:

That was our plan too, but then my hubby (fiance as he was then) saw Badger and he was in loooove. He was so timid and had such a sad back story :(

When we thought about it too, we didn't want to keep taking Bisc back and forth in the car, she doesn't like travelling much, and it would have been up there for blind dating and back and then up there for bonding and back. We wanted to make it easy for her, knowing that travelling stresses her out a bit.

You know your boy too though, you can tell Bobtails what sort of boy he is and they can find a good personality match. Biscuit is a bolshi lazy madam who loves strokes and Badger is daft, crazy, quicker than the speed of light and won't be touched for anything. Opposites do attract!

That was our plan too, but then my hubby (fiance as he was then) saw Badger and he was in loooove. He was so timid and had such a sad back story :(

When we thought about it too, we didn't want to keep taking Bisc back and forth in the car, she doesn't like travelling much, and it would have been up there for blind dating and back and then up there for bonding and back. We wanted to make it easy for her, knowing that travelling stresses her out a bit.

You know your boy too though, you can tell Bobtails what sort of boy he is and they can find a good personality match. Biscuit is a bolshi lazy madam who loves strokes and Badger is daft, crazy, quicker than the speed of light and won't be touched for anything. Opposites do attract!

Ahhhhhhhh well that's interesting. I thought that I would find a rescue that had a few girls and then I would take him and leave him their to choose his wife and then they would bond him. Job done in no later than a week and I would collect the happy couple pnce they were loved up and ready to come home. :love::love::love:

Btw I would miss him when he was away, but he is getting lonely so although I would miss him, I would be ok with this as long as he finds a special friend. :roll:

The back and forth would not be great. :evil: Alfie is ok about being picked up and is ok about car travel and his basket. However, I would say that he would prefer not to do loads of to and fro-ing.

Hmmm I will have to sound each rescue out as I am not keen on all the back and forth. He may well get funny about his basket and the car then!!:lol:

Ahhhhhhhh well that's interesting. I thought that I would find a rescue that had a few girls and then I would take him and leave him their to choose his wife and then they would bond him. Job done in no later than a week and I would collect the happy couple pnce they were loved up and ready to come home. :love::love::love:

Btw I would miss him when he was away, but he is getting lonely so although I would miss him, I would be ok with this as long as he finds a special friend. :roll:

The back and forth would not be great. :evil: Alfie is ok about being picked up and is ok about car travel and his basket. However, I would say that he would prefer not to do loads of to and fro-ing.

Hmmm I will have to sound each rescue out as I am not keen on all the back and forth. He may well get funny about his basket and the car then!!:lol:

Yea, it is worth the missing them to get them a friend :)

You may well be able to do it your way, and probably that is the best way for you to do it if you have to travel :? Although they have to do a home check too when you have found suitable bun(s).

They are really flexible with arrangements, so long as you are looking to offer a bun a great home they will do all they can to accommodate you. I know that they did have a lovely home checker in the area, she came to see our place.

Give them a call, the lady there is lovely, as are all of the volunteers. The OH and I wanted to adopt one of the volunteers - Xavier, he was soooo cute!

Would definitely recommend Bobtails :wave:
Jim and Delia are lovely and my friend Helen volunteers there there with her hubby.

Duchess on here also does bonding i think she's in Surrey :)

Back