• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bricks vs snugglesafes

weeble

Does anyone used heated bricks rather than snuggle safes? If so how long do they stay warm for and how long do you put them in the oven for and at what temp please?

I'll be interested in this too, and wondered if an engineering brick would hold the heat better than a normal brick as its denser.....

I haven't tried it. I would imagine you woudl need to experiment with your oven and bricks to find a temp that was not too hot.

It should work - storage heaters are basically giant breeze blocks which are heated by electricity and they release it slowly during the day. If you have heating on inside, it might be worth experimenting by placing a brick on top of a radiator during the day to see how much heat it picks up at a long but low-ish temperature.

Awww, I can imagine bricks with fleecey covers on :lol: I can imagine they would work well, my grandma used to have bricks by the fire and they would get pretty hot.... no idea what she used them for..... but they did stay warm quite a while :love:

Back