• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Retirement home needed for girly

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Benji&Evie

I have had Tazz for approx 2 years now, I took her from poor conditions in a tiny cage 24/7 and she was always 'just a foster' but noone has shown any interest in her at all.

To be fair half the reason is that shes kind of 'stayed' because shes such an easy friendly bunny to have around.

So, Tazz is possibly between 6 and 8years and she is a female and neutered. She is blind in one eye after a dog attacked the cage in her home and damaged the mesh which was then left for her to poke her eye on :(
This has been throuroughly checked by my own vet and she is amost definitly 100% blind on that side, this doesnt affect her in the slightest.
Her sight in the other eye is very good for her age, no problems cropping up and not expected to be within her life time.

She is extremly docile, likes to be stroked, easy to pick up and comes to the door / side of the run to greet you.
She will lie cradled upside down in your arms like a baby, doesnt mind her nails clipped and is just easy all round.

She loooooves to eat, could probably keep an entire lawn trimmed given the chance and shes not a digger unless she sees something yummy on the other side of the run she'll have a little half hearted scrabble but I dont have mesh on the base of her run and shes certainly not tried to dig out.

What Tazz 'needs' though is a retirement home where she can have a large run area or free run of a garden / lawn.
Shes definitly an outside bunny, she didnt like being indoors when I tried she didnt like mesh on the bottom of her run at first and refused to walk or eat the grass but she is much better now when shes been in the other run that has mesh on the base.

We do all love Tazz here I have to admit but I can only offer her a run because we have foxes living nearby and a large rural type garden, so ive always said that IF i could find her a suitable home with someone that could offer her better, preferably with free run of a secure garden then I would let her go to live out the rest of her years as she would really like.

She is a very healthy bunny and you couldnt want for a better natured lady.
She is also used to dogs.
If there is no suitable home then she will of course live out her life here with the best that I can offer her.

taz1.jpg

taz5.jpg

taz3.jpg

Her blind eye
tazeye.jpg

Awwwh! What a beautiful bunny! The last bun I adopted was seven - I have a soft spot for the oldies!

Where abouts is she located?

sound ideal for my boy

hi:wave: i posted a tread on here about looking for a lady bun for my jeffy and she sounds fab, Jeffy is very placid and lonley, he really needs a friend and i cnt pass up a hard luck story:lol: I am based in Stoke if its any good to you let me know. ;)

She is currently in Kent just off J2 of the M25

May be able to sort transport but would need references / homecheck etc because she really is a special girly and we do want the best for her.

humm

thats a bit far for me if the bonding doesnt work,:cry: but i am sure the right home wll come along for your georgous girl! she is :love:

You have 3 oldies coming misses and one of thiem is a single bunster and even better it is a MALE so she could be a nice friend for him ;):lol::lol:

She is gorgeous:love::love::love:

;) Would be a shame to have a single male with such a gorgeous girlie looking for a husbun.

She's gorgeous. Is she very big?

I dont think shes very big no, shes a dwarf lop so not small as im used too (my others were netherlands) but shes not a huge bun

Shes still looking though..talking of looking my 6month shepherd girly likes to watch Tazz when the ferrets are being boring and go inside :roll:
KTazz.jpg

Back