• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb ......

Bitzy

Mama Doe
.... does it really make a difference?

I've never 'not' used it so don't really know if there's any difference in smell or absorbancy than using say newspaper or cat litter instead??

Thanks, Jo

I don't use it for the rabbits but I use it for the hamster - husband is hamster wee sensitive :lol: and he no longer complains.

I used pelleted litter when I first started with litter trays, I find the Megazorb is much more absorbent:D I'll be interested to see what other people say though:D

i use megazorb. i've tried a few things but megazorb is best. when i say i use it... i mean for the rabbits....

I started off using megazorb and have tried various alternatives since as it's so hard for me to get hold of. But I'm going back to megazorb as nothing else matched up. I've got a sack on order with instructions for the courier to leave inside my block and outside my front door...I hope this works :?

Good for absorbing and eliminating smells. I hadn't heard about it until I came on here and I noticed the difference.

Spenser and I are both happy with newspaper and hay. :) I do change the newspaper in his bedroom (toilet) every day, and I do use quite a few layers.

I'm a recent Megazorb convert and I'm really impressed. It so much more absorbant than the wood pellets I previously used, which is great for my foster girls as I still haven't successfully litter trained them!

Thanks for all your replies, think I'll stick with megazorb, certainly seems like its currently the best thing out there.

Wish i could use it, but if its in a Litter Tray, Biscuit scoops it all out, then gets back in and does his business :roll:

So i use the following;

newspaper
very thin layer of shavings
lots of meadow hay

i know lots of people will say DONT USE SHAVINGS, but i've tried megazorb, care fresh, but not aubiose, but i dont want to buy it, because im almost certain that Biccy will detest it.

Its not affected him, or Ginger as of yet, if it ever does, i will re-investigate my options, but until then, it works.

I think it's often a case of what works in your situation.

:wave:

Wish i could use it, but if its in a Litter Tray, Biscuit scoops it all out, then gets back in and does his business :roll:

So i use the following;

newspaper
lots of meadow hay

i know lots of people will say DONT USE SHAVINGS, but i've tried megazorb, care fresh, but not aubiose, but i dont want to buy it, because im almost certain that Biccy will detest it.

Its not affected him, or Ginger as of yet, if it ever does, i will re-investigate my options, but until then, it works.

Most definitely!!

So i use the following;

newspaper
lots of meadow hay

I'm just wondering if you've tried the cat litter wood pellets? Mischa initially dug out the Megazorb too but he tolerated the cat litter pelletty things. They're really good at absorbing the moisture too. The only reason I don't use them still is that they are too heavy for me and my M.E.

I'm just wondering if you've tried the cat litter wood pellets? Mischa initially dug out the Megazorb too but he tolerated the cat litter pelletty things. They're really good at absorbing the moisture too. The only reason I don't use them still is that they are too heavy for me and my M.E.

Can't say i have, as i have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

I'll go google...! :)

I started off using megazorb and have tried various alternatives since as it's so hard for me to get hold of. But I'm going back to megazorb as nothing else matched up. I've got a sack on order with instructions for the courier to leave inside my block and outside my front door...I hope this works :?

I got home late last night and it was outside my front door - courier win!

I've tried wood pellet litter which was great but just expensive, but now i use megazorb and wouldn't change back. Mine tended to dig it out too but i think i was putting too deepa layer in, now i put less in they leave it alone :)

Back