• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sophie and alfies bonding has had a set back :(

kirst25

Alpha Buck
took alfie to the rescue to get his 1st vaccination today and the vet checked him over and found a old wound rahter infected and very sore so he has gone to the vets and will be back with sophie on wedensday all being well :(

Oh no, sorry to hear this.

Sending vibes for a speedy recovery :D

thanx hun...i hope hes ggoing to be ok,its quite bad and he was only in the rescue a few days before i brought him home so i think its from when he was neutured,will i have to bond from scratch once he has healed but going to let them be able to sniff each other through bars..sophie looks lost without him already :( even though dont think there was much love between them as of yet

How very unfortunate. Poor Alfie. :( It does seem odd the rescue didn't notice before they let him go. :? Sending vibes for a speedy recovery. I've no experience of bonding, sorry, but it may be that the temporary separation does upset them both. On the other hand Sophie might be pleased to see him again on Wednesday.

316f776a.jpg

mine and sophies beautiful boy :)

Does he have to stay over in the vets then? Is it not something he can be treated at home with antibiotics or something?
Its so worrying isnt it. Im dreading if ever one of mine get ill.Id be devastated.

Hope he's home soon, so you can start again with the bonding, and hopefully he will feel alot more settled as he starts to feel well again...:love:

the vet has taken him in today and going to look at it and do what he needs to do and he will be home on wedensday at some point but hope the bond hasnt been broken alot as im off this week but back at work on sunday :(

the vet has taken him in today and going to look at it and do what he needs to do and he will be home on wedensday at some point but hope the bond hasnt been broken alot as im off this week but back at work on sunday :(

How frustrating when you have taken time off to sort out the bonding:roll:
You still have a good four days so hopefully that will be long enough so see if things can get back to normal.
Fingers and toes crossed for you hun :love:

How frustrating when you have taken time off to sort out the bonding:roll:
You still have a good four days so hopefully that will be long enough so see if things can get back to normal.
Fingers and toes crossed for you hun :love:

thank you,ive kept his cage that he was sleeping in and not touched anything so will still have his smell etc just hope that is enough,mind you he wont be able to go near her until his wounds healed :(

Oh no how unlucky:(. Lots of vibes for a speedy recovery and I hope the bonding can resume as easily as possible!

Alfie is stunning :love::love: xx

the lady that looks after small area at the rescue has just rang and she said that he will have to be kept at the rescue til he is healed which is fair enough,and they are going to bond them somewhere else for me as im back at work on sunday and work shifts just hope it wont be long as soph seems lost without him even tho only known each other a few days or maybe thats how im perseeving her to feel

Back