• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maxs uppy ear has lopped?!

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
For those of you who dont know my 7/8 month old boy Max has one uppy ear and one lopped ear.
Well I went into him this morning and his uppy ear has dropped so that he is now a complete lop :shock::shock:
Does this just happen sometimes? Can it be a sign of a health issue?
xxx

Pea's did this too - at around a year old. I think it's just that they're fully grown and mature at that sort of age so their ears decide if they're going to be up or down (or somewhere inbetween). Pea can still have pricked ears if she's listening for danger but they flop quite quickly.

Ok so its nothing to worry about then? I was just a little concerned about mites and such. Hes great in himself anyway and eating like a piglet. Must just be my lil boy growing up :D:love:

If he has lop in him then its likely to be natural and you might find it goes up and down depending on his mood, what's going on, etc. However, an uppy ear lopping over can be a sign of health problems in that ear (such as mites, or infection), so do keep an eye on it.

Back