• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh the joys

pretz

New Kit
hey
i'm completely new round here but i wanted to ask someone advise on where i/my friend stands, because on wednesday my friend visted the evil p@h and brought back a gorgeous bunny for the adoption bit, well she settled her in and she started sneezing so the next day she brought her round mine, now i don't know much about bunnies but do take in sick guinea pigs to be nursed before being rehomed well she had the tell tale discharge coming from her nose so off i went to the vets and yes she has a upper RTI like i thought. The poor little mite really must be looking forward to going home as all i do is dose her on baytril.

Now heres my question is there anything my friend should do about her taking home a sick rabbit surely they shouldn't be allowed to even if they are in adoption section.

any advise welcome
pretz

Hi, I am very glad to hear that you have been able to get this bunny seen to and are able to nurse her better. Please ask away if you need any more advice in the health section as there are some extremely knowledgeable and experienced bunny folk on here.

As for your friend being able to adopt a sick rabbit, that is really poor practice from PAH and shouldnt have been allowed, if it was me I would be writing a very strong worded complaint to their Head Office.

Maybe others can suggest other advice for you if you are not happy with their reply but it definitely needs to be taken further as no bunny should be left to be sold while poorly :(:cry:

Sometimes pets at home will pay for vet charges. I know they do this for pets who are bought ill or sexed wrong but I'm not sure how it stands from the adoption centre. I would still ring up and ask to speak to the manager or even write a letter.

Glad the bun is getting treatment. Some pets at home stores seem to have no idea what they're doing. :?

thanks for all your replies and sorry i haven't posted back sooner, but things have been majorly busy here lately and have spent most of the week up the vets since having her.

She is now off oral baytril and onto antibiotics given by injection depocillin which she is doing very well on and ive hardly heard her sneeze and her chest doesn't sound bubbly anymore, however she has had to have blood tests taken to check her liver and kidney function because she is drinking over 2 litres of water a day which is no where near normal and she has such a thrist at times that she will empty her bottle and knock it on the floor where she is drastically trying to get more water out of it.

Finally i did phone P@H petline and it was agreed that they would pay her vet fees until she is better amd that she would give me a follow up call regard my disgust in the care at that particular store, although i must say i did delight in the managers face at that store when i handed him her £327 vet bill with the annoucement that there will be more to follow, and i am kind of glad that although she is ill she is in my care as although it's not nice to think about i'm sure she wouldn't still be here if they found out she had this much wrong with her before she was adopted.

pretz

Back