• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something that made me smile to myself today

stampz

Warren Scout
Was out in the garden with our group of 6 today, going up to them, taking pics, giving them treats, having them come to see what their daddy was doing...and it suddenly struck me how priveliged I am to have been able to gain the trust of these animals that would normally be considered "prey".

I have the same thing with Bracky in the house, if a stranger comes in he will thump and run and hide upstairs, will come down after a while but gets nervouse if they try to stroke him, but with me he is completely different, he pretty much now lets me do what I want to him, and dare I say he even enjoys it, and all because he knows that no harm is going to come to him.

For all my buns to recognise the fact that I am no threat to them, and be able to let me pick them up, play chase with them (and even come nudge me to demand I carry on when I stop), I feel very privildged.

Anyway I'm waffling now, but I'm guessing I'm not the only person who feels this way...:love:

Hear Hear!!

It certainly is a privilidge to be able to converse with our buns....and to have such a special bond.Being part of my bunnies lives....**shakes head in amazement**.....I came across my lot when they were in desperate need and I love to see them thrive.

Yes I feel the same about my 4, it actually came to light today when my nieces came over and wanted to go into the bunny avairy, I only see my nieces a few times a year and they had been looking forward to seeing the buns for weeks - anyway when they got here oreo was the only one that would let them stroke him - i was :shock: as usually they are all clambering all over me for fuss, Charlie stamped and ran off and hid - he hated the children..

Even though I was a bit shocked I also felt pleased that they obviously trust me and know im not going to hurt them :love:

Back