• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lots of chinchilla photos. =)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I loves them.

Pile 'o chinnies. Snake and Chong at the top, Big Boss and Cheech at the bottom.

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00724.jpg

The big new cage

DSC00278.jpg

Big Boss in my hood.

SP_A0250.jpg

Snake kissing Chong in his old cage.

3.jpg

Snake and Big Boss eating treats.

DSC_0071.jpg

Cheech :love:

DSC_0077.jpg

Chong in the dust bath.

DSC_0082.jpg

Cheech with her rope before she ate it.

Feechonarope.jpg

Chong on his tube in his old cage.

SP_A0084.jpg

Mummy Cheech with few week old babies. ;)

SP_A0120.jpg

Baby cuddles

SP_A0156.jpg

Big Boss on my radiator.

SP_A0180.jpg

I want!!! :love: :love: :love: If you ever don't want them anymore, send them my way please :)

I love them waaaaay too much to do that. But unfortunately there are many in rescue centres. :(

They make wonderful pets. Need a bit of research and take a long time to bond to a new owner but so rewarding. And they're naughtier than any bun I've ever met. They know the word no but will do whatever it is anyway because they find it fun. And when I tell them off for chewing the wallpaper they popcorn off (chinchilla binky), hide and do it again as soon as my back is turned!

we have a male chinchilla and has always lived on his own as he doesn't like other chinchillas - but ours has gone nasty and keeps biting us, sad really cos he's lovely - yours are gorgeous :love:

Thanks for all the lovely comments. :wave:

wales1000 if you want any tips on bonding with your chinchilla PM me any time. My male is a little like that too.

Thanks for sharing! :wave: Sorry I missed them last night - I must have come off just seconds before you put the pictures up. They are absolutely gorgeous. :love::love::love:

Awe theyre so cute! Are they as 'delicate' as bunnies to keep? I mean do they have very delicate digestive systems and teeth probs etc? I think I read somewhere they can live for 20yrs? Do they like being handled or again are they like buns?

Very much like buns. Constant growing incisors and the same sort of teeth problems. Snake has long tooth roots and a slightly watery eye. Similar diet, lots and lots of hay and a few pellets, but no fresh veg. They have dried fruit occasionally.

They love being tickled under their chin through the bars but are not huge fans of being picked up. They prefer to jump on you. Some will sit on my shoulder but I don't really do that now because Cheech jumped off and broke her arm a little while back. I was devastated and she almost lost it. :(

I do pick them up for cuddles now and then, but mostly I just sit with my arms in the cage and they come and play with me. They get too excited when they're out for a run around.

But chinchilla proofing is so much harder than bunny proofing. They're smaller, faster and more intelligent, or should I say naughty. :lol: And they love their dust bath.

Back