• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice regarding bun ownership

Lillian

Warren Veteran
A family member of mine was moving house and wasn't allowed to take their rabbit, so they asked my parents if i could take it and they said i would - Which i was annoyed about as i hadn't even been asked!

Anyway i collected the rabbit, it had no hay at all, was on musli food and was unvaccinated because 'indoor rabbits don't need vaccinations' despite them having cats going in and out daily, which could bring something in. I had the rabbit vet checked, vaccinated and gave him hay and changed his diet. I decided i'd look for a proper home for him, where he can be bonded as i don't have any rabbits i could bond him in with and i thought he'd be better in a home where he'd get more attention as i have 16 other rabbits to care for too.

My parents told another family member i had someone coming to rehome the rabbit this Tuesday - Which i don't! :evil: And that family member told the one i got the rabbit from, and they've said they are going to call me to tell me whether i'm allowed to rehome this rabbit.

Surely it is mine legally? And it's my choice? It's been living with me several weeks/ gotta be over a month.
My parents are now in a mood and said if they say i can't rehome it, they can take it back.. It's blown out of proportion and left me rather angry!

Families :evil:

I don't think your family was fair to first off make you take him in, then tell you to re home your animals because they want to move, and then tell your aunt that you were rehoming the rabbit. I think it was unfair of them to go behind your back and say its okay for your cousin to have him back as it seems to me, knowing your cousin (no offense to her), that he would be better off going to a new home. Look how easily she gave him away before?

Anyway that's besides the point. I understand how frustrating it is and infuriating it is when families interfere.

EDIT TO ADD: And as he was given to you, I would say it's your choice to get him a new home.

My cousin had already moved out, and he was left behind in a cage day and night without any attention.. He hadn't even been fed hay before, which is meant to be what.. 90% of a rabbits diet? I know he's much better off here, and he'd be even better off with a lovely wifebun and owners who have loads of time for him.

Am I within my right to say it's MY rabbit and i'll do what i want with him?

His wealthfare is the most important thing to me, even if it means fighting my entire family to protect him.

Back