• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo in Bum

Snowy1997

Young Bun
My rabbit has got poo around her bum as she had a poo and then a wee and then slept on that so now her bum is cover in it, We have got 80% off, but the other bit won't move and we dont want to force it because she has just been spayed and we dont want to rip her stitches.

I am worried about fly's in her bum aswell.

Please I really need some help

Thanks Bye.

When was she spayed? She shouldn't get poos stuck to her but it might just be because she's recovering if she was spayed recently :wave: I would give her a 'bunny bath' - just bathe her back end as you don't want to risk infection with her wound being dirty. Is she inside or outside?

agree with nicola, if you put her in the sink in a small amount of warm (but not hot) water you can loosen the poo very gently with your fingers. She is probably staying still because she is in pain, so perhaps go back to the vets and ask them for some metacam to give her some pain relief?

Back