• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ears - up and down

ScienceGeek

Warren Scout
Hey, random question - does anyone have a lop that can voluntarily stick theie ears up?

My mini-lop (Ralph) can't do it but we've just got a dwarf lop and she can ***** her ears up if she hears anything interesting/scary.

Just wondering which bunny is the odd one :lol:

Yes my Beatrix can do this. She can have her ears fully flopped or upright. She is a rescue so not sure what breed she is.

When we first got mylo he had constantly one ear up but now he has got older and bigger he just sticks his ear up every now and then when he likes bein nosey!

Haha, just looked at this post again this morning and noticed I had a censored word, ooops! :oops: Didn't even cross my mind that thas was a rude word!

Exchange the *s for 'stick' or 'lift'

Ginger can't voluntarily put her ears up or down, but her loppy ear does come up quite a bit if she is inquisitive.

e.g;

P1020293.jpg

Wish has some control over her ears, and Autumn does too, to a lesser extent. He's (Autumn) likely to be a full lop, she is a lionlop.

Strawberry had her loppy ears so high up the other day I thought she may be trying out a new style to impress Roger, her uppy-eared husbun!

Castiel never used to be able to do this but he can since we bonded him with Ruby (who is one-up one-down but can be up or down as well). I think he's copying her :love::lol:

Yeah my two dwarf lops can have one up and one down or both striaght up when they hear something really interesting!!

Back