• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Hay Experts - recommendations please!!!

hiya

im just lookin on the hay experts website and there is soooooo much to choose from!!!

Would people be able to recommend what is good from here? Was thinkin of gettin some hay, so have the sample packs of hay in there for Mylo!

Right i was thinking of just gettin a bag of hay rather than the taster pack, he eats most hay eventually and its cheaper to just get a bag!

Spenser likes his chill and chew mat. I've ordered another one, but from Animal Magic Pet Supplies as I prefer their sample bags (you can buy them individually, and there is more hay in them). In the summer he liked Grassy Carrots from The Hay Experts, but he only likes them if I hold it out to him and have a tug-of-war. :lol:

He also likes dried dandelion and plantain, available from both Hay Experts and Animal Magic. I give him a sprinkling each day on his hay, in the hope that he might eat some of the hay too.

the chill and chew mats are good, willow balls and hay tunnels - not that anything lasts long with my 4!!

hiya

im just lookin on the hay experts website and there is soooooo much to choose from!!!

Would people be able to recommend what is good from here? Was thinkin of gettin some hay, so have the sample packs of hay in there for Mylo!

Hi ,
We've found that all hay we've bought has been really good quality, depends on what texture your bun likes though. Bob loves oxbow western timothy, its great. The big box is the best value, if you're sure your bun likes it! A tad expensive in one go but a box lasts Bob 8 months +, so works out really good value. He also likes to try different meadow hays mixed with it so he has a choice. With a sprinkle of dried dandelion he's well pleased..

Hope this helps a little, regards, Nette :wave::wave:

We use 'The Hay Experts' a lot and had an order of Western Timothy hay last week and some of the grassy carrots for our rabbits which we thought were good value as they are quite big.

I wish I could afford to get my hay from the hay experts, or even dust free hay!!

I get mine from Blue Barn in Otley... £4.95 for a bale which lasts almost a month and a half with my 4 =]

xx

I got my order this morning and think I overdid it a bit :oops: 4x packs of fenugreek crunchies, 3x tubs of pineapple and papaya melange, 2x natures salad, dandelion delight, herbal garden, coneflower, jerusalem artichoke and alfalfa and echinachea vitaverde... :shock: Though it should all last up until christmas!! :)

I buy normal hay bales which my bunnies will eat. I just spice it up with some dried herbs :D

Helen xx

Back