• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urinating on Snugglesafe Heat Pad

Bunny Mum2b

Warren Scout
My rabbits have responded to their new snugglesafe heat pads by weeing on one of them. :roll: (I bought two to make sure they could both have toasty bottoms :lol:). They also poop on them - but to be fair one of them poops on everything and this is less of a problem.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?
At the moment the snugglesafes are just on the hutch floor with fleece covers on. What should I do? Buy some more fleece covers and keep washing them? (This is not ideal obviously!). I don't want to take the covers off really because then the wee wouldn't get absorbed - it would just sit on the lino or on the snuggle safe itself.

The only other idea I could think of is putting them in the litter trays, but I wanted to give them the choice to use them, not make them use them by putting them in the litter trays.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Could you put it underneath some sort of tray or something, then they cant actually pee/poo on it but the heat would still get through? :wave:

They do extra covers I think. Maybe it smells 'wrong' so they've felt the need to mark it?

I will try both those ideas!

Is there anyway to wash something but still make it smell like the bunnys?

I've washed both the fleece covers tonight and watched the prime suspect of the weeing hop on to it tonight, he seemed interested in it, but no weeing or pooping whilst I was observing him. (Cheeky little monkeys always gang up on me and it always surprises me which one is doing the mischief!).

I will try both those ideas!

Is there anyway to wash something but still make it smell like the bunnys?

I've washed both the fleece covers tonight and watched the prime suspect of the weeing hop on to it tonight, he seemed interested in it, but no weeing or pooping whilst I was observing him. (Cheeky little monkeys always gang up on me and it always surprises me which one is doing the mischief!).

I would think washing it would make it smell like your other things (clothes, blankets, etc). I find mine don't immediately go wee on their blanket once it's been washed as they are used to that scent anyway.

*sat waiting for tumble dryer to finish drying snuggle safe covers after hand washing them*

This is getting old! I hope Tracy can do my covers soon. I'm hoping the pattern I've picked out is more to their taste :lol:

Back