• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Poppy & Peter

Janey

Warren Veteran
Hello,

I have been on RU or quite a while now but have never introduced myself or my bunnies so thought it was about time I did. :wave:

I have two rabbits Poppy who I've had for four years, she's a mini lop, and Peter who I got from Kris at Starlights earlier this year, he is a dwarf lop (I think). I got Peter after joining RU and seeing that many members suggested that a bunny with a friend is happier than a single one. I never considered Poppy to be lonely as she had lots of human contact and seemed very happy, however, I did sometimes feel bad leaving her all alone when I was at work all day. So, along came Peter.....the only thing I regret about getting him is not getting him sooner. Seeing them both together is just so so nice, Poppy always has a friend with her and is so comforted by him when I take her to the vets (she is a dental bun and has tear duct problems).

Peter is very cheeky and gets into lots of mischeif, I am still convinced he fell from a second floor window, he went missing from my bedroom. He was locked in the room and I found him on the drive, the only escape route was an open velux window in the ceiling, he must have jumped from my bed, onto the top of his cage and out the winow, he was perfectly un-harmed, I will never know exactly what happened, it sounds completely unbelievable but......how else was he on the drive???? Anyway-now you understand how cheeky he is!!

So here they are :D

040.jpg
[/IMG]http://
049.jpg
[/IMG]http://
021.jpg
[/IMG]

Awwww they are beautiful!!! :love::love::love: Cant believe how he managed to get on to your driveway :shock::shock: and unharmed!! But glad all is fine. They are lovely.

Thanks everyone.

Poppy is most definately the boss, Peter is so laid back he just does as he's told by her and that's that.

I bonded them myself (they are my first bunnies so I'd never done it before), and that was very easy- so I felt rather blessed!! I think Poppy was just pleased to have a friend :)

I can't believe I did not see this earlier!

Peter's fur is looking fantastic! Definately an improvement on the wee stains he came in with :love:

Back