• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny has to be rehomed :(

lauraocal

Warren Scout
I'm moving home in the next week and I can't take my bunny with me.
I've had her for 3 years and I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get her rehomed with a rescue.
I dont want to rehome her myself as I don't know anyone who could take her at such short notice.
Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldnt know where to advise you. It's such short notice too. What a shame. Is there no arrangement you can make to keep hold of her?

It might be worth asking your new landlord. Some letting agents speciy no pets but if you ask they can be willing to write in the contract that you are allowed a rabbit in the garden or caged pets in the house. A rabbit is classed as a caged pet fortunately in this case.

I have already asked, begged and pleaded.. There really is no way. There isnt a garden either or I could have done it that way..
I've tried everything I possibly can to keep her. This is awful and I don't want to let her go at all :(
I will take her to the RSPCA if I really have to but would much rather she went to a rabbit rescue, they will take care of her better.

Could a friend or family member look after her. Would a long term foster be a possibility until you can find somewhere that would let you take her?

I don't have anyone who could take her no, a few possibly would but to be honest I dont trust them.
The foster idea is a good one, but I couldnt honestly give it a time frame.
I've really thought about all my options, it's just not possible to keep her.
I have found a rescue near me, going to give them a call and see what they say :(

OMG what do I do if no one can take her?
The only other option with that is getting her put down, and that isn't even an option :(

There is one called Kirkby Pet welfare near me I was going to call.

I adopted from there in July and it completely broke my heart to see how many bunnies were there. Must have been at least 100. It still upsets me now.

Sorry to be negative as it doesnt help, but the rescues are inundated.

What about advertising on here for a long term foster place? Maybe worth a try.

I could long term foster her, as long as she is an outside bun. She would also need to be brought to me :wave:

Is she spayed? How old is she?

I could long term foster her, as long as she is an outside bun. She would also need to be brought to me :wave:

Is she spayed? How old is she?

I can help Amy with getting this bun to her. Kirkby really could do with no more buns going in there, if at all possible.

Can I ask why you are having to move in a week and have not sorted this out before now?

hmm its a shame isnt it - when i was turfed out of my house in the summer - the buns were my first thought and it wasnt looking good as all was available was flats - I had several 'fosterers' (very kind RU offers) set up incase the worst happened! Maybe it all has happened quickly??

When I had to move it got to a week left and I hadn't found a house. I ended up moving with four days to spare. It happens. :(

Back