• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Check-up...

abi2047

Mama Doe
I am looking to take Riley to the vets for a check-up soon but want to know how much roughly it would cost?

The vet tends to check him over when he goes in for vaccs etc. I'm due to take him for his VHD and i'll take Daisy for a nail clip too and he'll check them both out then. He generally doesnt charge for that though but i am paying for vet services at the time.

I imagine it would be however much your vet charges for a rabbit consultation (as long as he was all ok and there was no need for extra charges). My vets charges about £19 for a consultation but I imagine it varies quite a bit.

All Vet prices vary so you'd be best to call your Vet and ask what they charge for a Rabbit Consult

As a guesstimate I'd say £12-£20

If they need extra charges would they do it there and then or would they let you come back in a different appointement?

Having seen your location, I would suggest taking him to Orwell Vets Group (because they are the best in our area).

They cost a bit more than the rubbish ones in our area though.

You could book him in for a nurses check (which is free), or make an appointment to see the vet. If you see a vet see Charles or Katherine.

If you took him to Orwell Vets you could fill in the 'Recommend a friend form' and say you were recommended by me. You would get a 10% discount, or £10 off, I forget which one. I also would, but it doesn't apply to me because I already get a discount (just so you know I'm not recommending you for the sake of me saving money).

If he needs anything you can discuss it with the vets. They are very good there about listening to owners and such, so they should hear if you have any money worries, etc.

Do you think there is something wrong with your bunny or are you just being on the safe side?

Having seen your location, I would suggest taking him to Orwell Vets Group (because they are the best in our area).

They cost a bit more than the rubbish ones in our area though.

You could book him in for a nurses check (which is free), or make an appointment to see the vet. If you see a vet see Charles or Katherine.

If you took him to Orwell Vets you could fill in the 'Recommend a friend form' and say you were recommended by me. You would get a 10% discount, or £10 off, I forget which one. I also would, but it doesn't apply to me because I already get a discount (just so you know I'm not recommending you for the sake of me saving money).

If he needs anything you can discuss it with the vets. They are very good there about listening to owners and such, so they should hear if you have any money worries, etc.

Do you think there is something wrong with your bunny or are you just being on the safe side?

The Orwell Vets Group is quite close to me. I think he needs his claws clipped and I wouldn't trust myself to do it as he is a wriggly bunny. How do I go about this free nurses check up? Do I just mention it to them? And the recommended friend form, would that give me a discount everytime? The thing is that I am only 14 years old and my mum metioned before I got a rabbit that if he needed any vetinary help then she would lend me the money then I would pay it back in stages.

The Orwell Vets Group is quite close to me. I think he needs his claws clipped and I wouldn't trust myself to do it as he is a wriggly bunny. How do I go about this free nurses check up? Do I just mention it to them? And the recommended friend form, would that give me a discount everytime? The thing is that I am only 14 years old and my mum metioned before I got a rabbit that if he needed any vetinary help then she would lend me the money then I would pay it back in stages.

That's good. They have excellent facilities there.

You would only get the discount the first time. Unfortunately, there are a lot of rubbish vets in our area (having dealt with too many of them myself, I know that). So please, please be careful.

You can call up and register and ask if the nurses do a free health check on bunnies (which I believe they do) and book him in. I believe they charge for nail clipping, but I'm not sure. If they do, I'm sure its not much. You could ask that on the phone too.

I live near Ipswich. If it was ok with your mum (and I'd have to have a chat with her), I'd be happy to come and teach you how to clip his nails if you want. I used to be heavily involved with the RSPCA as 'the rabbit lady' and have stayed on in an advisory role, so if your mum wanted a 'reference' for me or anything then she could get one from my Supervisor at the RSPCA.

Last edited:
That's good. They have excellent facilities there.

You would only get the discount the first time. Unfortunately, there are a lot of rubbish vets in our area (having dealt with too many of them myself, I know that). So please, please be careful.

You can call up and register and ask if the nurses do a free health check on bunnies (which I believe they do) and book him in. I believe they charge for nail clipping, but I'm not sure. If they do, I'm sure its not much. You could ask that on the phone too.

I live near Ipswich. If it was ok with your mum (and I'd have to have a chat with her), I'd be happy to come and teach you how to clip his nails if you want. I used to be heavily involved with the RSPCA at Martlesham as 'the rabbit lady' and have stayed on in an advisory role, so if your mum wanted a 'reference' for me or anything then she could get one from my Supervisor at the RSPCA.

Thankyou for your help :)
The reason why I wouldn't be able to clip his nails is because he doesn't like being held. I don't know if his claws are too long or not, I could take a pic later on if it would help you to see if they are too long? Do you know if the vets is open on a Sunday? I will have a chat with mum later on today. :D x

I have had him since June and I got him from an advert on the internet.

Ah right, did they say if he had had vaccinations? Did they give you a vaccination card?

If not, I would have a chat with the vet but suspect they might choose to vaccinate to be on the safe side because hey have had a fair bit of myxo this year.

Ah right, did they say if he had had vaccinations? Did they give you a vaccination card?

If not, I would have a chat with the vet but suspect they might choose to vaccinate to be on the safe side because hey have had a fair bit of myxo this year.

The woman didn't give me a vaccination card so I guess he hasn't been vaccinated. :?

The woman didn't give me a vaccination card so I guess he hasn't been vaccinated. :?

Unfortuately, you're probably very right with that. But at least now you know and can talk to whoever you see about it and hopefully get it sorted out.

:wave:

I think it's about £6.99 for nails to be clipped. We do ours now after Sky taught us. :D

Back