• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wooden runs or a puppy pens?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Just a quick question, it's official that I am going to have to invest in a run as opposed to letting my buns free range. Archie & Blanche are a dream to get back into their hutch and come running at the shaking of a pellet box, Leo and Lois on the other hand won't come anywhere near me. Yesterday it took me two hours to round them up :roll:

I've had a look around and for a wooden run it's going to cost me around £180 with delivery (I wanted 12x5/6). Or I was thinking about getting two of the large puppy pens (similar to the ones that you find in P@H), adding a cover sheet on top and using my fence as a side as well to make a large run.

Hoppe that makes sense? Just wondering it's a yay or nay, as I can get two sets of the puppy pens for around £80/85.

There are pro's and con's, puppy pens are great for size/cost/flexibility but they are not secure. With a wooden run you could give your buns access 24/7. One option would be to go for half and half - have a slightly smaller secure wooden run then extend it with a puppy pen when your supervising.

I will only use wooden runs outside, puppy pens even with an enclosed top are for indoor use at my house. :wave:

I'm also looking at getting a run and dont know where to start. Ideally, i'd like a 6ftx6ft wide one that is about 4ft high. I havent seen them nearly big enough in shops.

You can buy small averie panele on websites like ebay. I was going to order six to make a large run to attach to my other run and it came to around £60 with delivery, whihc is about half the price of most runs that size! :)

I'll have to speak to hubby nicely to see if he can rig one up with aviary pannels. :D Great idea Terri_lousie :)

Back