• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCA Rabbit Survey

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
The RSPCA have launched a big rabbit survey: http://www.greatbigrabbitsurvey.org/

Doesn't take too long to complete and asks about your bunnies, where you got them, what you think bunnies and like and what issues there are with welfare etc.

I know we have some great rabbit owners on here but I'm sure they want to hear from the average owner that perhaps doesn't spend way too much time reading bunny forums :oops: so if you can pass it on to anyone you know with a bunny that will help get a good cross section of owners and better information to work out where the gaps in bunny knowledge are.

will do it later when i get home. i know two others who have buns and don't use RU :shock: so will pass it on too.

I've done it too. I doubt it will have much impact but I pray that I'm wrong. After all, this is the same RSPCA who say there is "no minimum hutch size for a single rabbit" - simply because they don't recommend keeping a rabbit on its own. Unfortunately we all know hundreds of single bunnies bought for the kids so the RSPCA need to man-up and set a minimum hutch size of 6x2 for ANY rabbit. And don't even get me started on breeder blocks and the RSPCA.....:roll:

i filled in the survey and pressed 'finish'. 'sorry we are unable to find the survey you are responding to'.

I just completed it too :)

But I went to download the Rabbit Screensaver at the end and my computer kicked up a stink about it being a risk to my computer and deleted it immediatly. No screensaver for me :(

I've done it and posted it to FB, though my answers would have been COMPLETELY different had I not been a member of this forum.

Done and posted.

I just hope that they actually use the information sensibly and listen to the comments and not just the figures.

Our of interest, for those who have completed it, what did you say was the biggest single thing to affect future rabbit welfare?

Done and posted.

I just hope that they actually use the information sensibly and listen to the comments and not just the figures.

Our of interest, for those who have completed it, what did you say was the biggest single thing to affect future rabbit welfare?

Basically, to educate the general public. I wish I'd known about buying a rabbit, the complexity of rabbit-keeping and other issues affecting the population of domestic rabbits (which I've gleaned from this forum), BEFORE I bought Suki from a pet shop.

Back