• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what should i be feeding?

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
I have 2 rabbits one dutch and one wild/dutch what should i be feeding including treats veg pellets and everything a day, i have been trying to feed them the right amount but i am not sure.

could advice be quite pecific please thank you

ash&crystal

My lot have approximately 1 spring green leaf each for breakfast with hay and a small handful of redigrass. They have more hay for tea along with a small handful of pellets per two buns and then more hay at night.

I do vary the veg but generally thats what they have. Try to keep away from carrots apple etc as they tend to be high in natural sugar. Also the amount the pellet manufactuers say to feed tends to be way too much

I think for pellets its an egg cup a day per bun. Hay should be unlimited, and I can't really comment on the veg and treats depending on what they are. Mine get a spring green leaf each a day (they're quite big). Occasionally they get some carrots and other tasty treats! :wave:

^^^ Can't improve that! :)

What happened to the babies that escaped? Did you ever find them?

^^^ Can't improve that! :)

What happened to the babies that escaped? Did you ever find them?

well we got ash hermi, and lola back but sadly, lola passed away a couple of weeks ago:cry: there was a thread on rainbow bridge a couple of weeks back. we dont really know why she died but i think it could of been shock:cry:

well we got ash hermi, and lola back but sadly, lola passed away a couple of weeks ago:cry: there was a thread on rainbow bridge a couple of weeks back. we dont really know why she died but i think it could of been shock:cry:

I'm really sorry! :(

Mine get unlimited meadow hay with the occasional handful of treat hay. One of my pairs gets one and a half eggcups of pellets each, the others gets one eggcup each, although within that pair one gets slightly more than the other. Then about a large handful of greens - herbs and spring greens normally, occasionally some kale. Occasional treat of one Fenugreek crunchie or a small bit of fruit.

Hays the most important, give them as much as they'll eat. A variety of veg too, but introduce this gradually. Some people say give each rabbit an egg cup full of pellets, I've been doing this for a while with SS mixed with Excel and I've been told my rabbits are underweight, they're back to three/four handfuls (I have small hands) and have quickly put the weight back on

If you are planning to change their diet, it's best to do this gradually. I'm trying to alter the hay/pellet proportions in Spenser's intake just now. He gets less pellets than the packet recommends, but still a bit more than many bunnies on here get. :wave:

Back