• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ahh spider tried to attack me & OH *WARNING* pics of spider - anyone know what kind ?

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
ahh spider tried to attack me & OH *WARNING* pics of spider - anyone know what kind ?

at the horses today I picked up the reflective rug for hacking out & put it on the feed bins .. & OH's face just dropped this is what was on the rug

IMG_4517.jpg

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

it was around the size of the palm of my hand & that is NOT exaggerating, & it kept running at me, then went into like an attack position ? with its front up :shock:, so I scooped him up in a bucket & took him outside, while OH stood as far away as pos :lol::lol:

pic from the front, bit blurry though :(
IMG_4512.jpg

Last edited:
I guess that is the river spider.Im sorry but I cant stand them,they make me come out in gooose bumps:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Woh:shock::shock::shock: Well done to you for putting it outside:D

hehe thanks, Oh was like "stand on it stand on it !" but I couldn't hurt an animal, I mean ok I can't say I like spiders lol :lol:, but I couldn't just kill him, so just got him in a bucket & out he went :D

Possibly a house spider (Tegenaria gigantea). They can be huuuuge!
Can't think of anything else that would get that big in the UK, but I'm no expert on spiders.

Possibly a house spider (Tegenaria gigantea). They can be huuuuge!
Can't think of anything else that would get that big in the UK, but I'm no expert on spiders.

Mmm, could be, I didnt know they could get huge though *worried look*

Also, try 'wold spider' - 'trochosa ruricola'

Back